Moving merchandise away from NPC stations?

To preface, I’m a high sec industrialist.

I put up a few market orders today in Dodixie. I kinda live there and stuff =). Anyway, the change in broker’s fees and sales tax is significant. I have the trade skills at level 4 right now so I have a little room for improvement, but it’s not that much. The brokers fee in Dodixie was 3.85% for me, and right next door there is a market which I believe is .01%? So in short, I’m thinking about moving merchandise there, and it could save me millions. The obvious problem is that the majority of merchandise is in the navy assembly plant, along with most of my potential customers.

What do you all think? Will we see more activity at the player markets? Are you going to move big ticket items out of NPC stations? Do you think asset safety will be removed in high sec?

2 Likes

Until its cheaper to run a market myself, no

The contract market had dwindled, so maybe we’ll see a rise

With level 5 skills, you’re basically paying an additional 2.25% in trading fees. If that is enough to significantly damage your margins, you’re selling the wrong stuff! Customers want the convenience of 1 stop shopping and I don’t consider products listed in the next system or even in a different station in the same system when setting my prices.

On the other side - Eve needs this additional sink. There is way too much ISK in the game!

3 Likes

Funny how CCP silently changes taxes without a word or warning to anyone and noone bats an eye?!

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/devblog-updates-to-sales-taxes-brokers-fees/178876

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t realize there was a thread over there =)

2 Likes

Because its no biggie

Remote buy (1 jump range on buy order or as much jumps you need to reach trading hub) in player owned hub (low tax) sell in NPC station where everyone buys from sell orders. Boom, you already cut your taxes in half.

Dodixie market has been in decline for a long time now resulting in markups that make it very worthwhile for an enterprising trader to get in to.

Lots of people see he tax change as bad but what it REALLY does is raise the bar: casual traders and alpha’s just can’t compete anymore. More focused and active traders (people with more knowledge, experience and backed by training) benefit. As with most things trading: see opportunities, not problems.

On your question: I don’t think there’s enough volume in Dodixie, nor the type of trade commodities, to make it worth while. The things that make Perimiter great for trading are plex, extractors and injectors. And those aren’t traded much in dodixie because “everyone” uses Jita for it as they can be used and consumed remotely.

1 Like

Spot on.

1 Like

People will always prefer NPC stations > player structures, at least in high sec. No-one wants the inconvenience of waiting out the asset safety timer if a structure blows up.

3 Likes

…or because the owner just decided to shut down the market services.

2 Likes

This is very wrong, but you are free to continue to delude yourself into thinking this. Means better margins for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been making my buy orders in the player station which is great. I’m still think about moving cruisers and battlecruisers (tech II) to the player station though. The brokers fee really adds up on orders around 1b.

It is correct for sell orders. For buy orders? Player run market just beats it.
At the same he is wrong about the risk.

For industry npc stations are ■■■■, especially for science jobs. T1 rigged raitaru does jobs twice as fast.

buy from your local carebears - no tax at all

Agree 100%, especially for those high sec players in 1 man player corps or in NPC corps.

2 Likes

Crazy how many complaints there are over the increase of tax and broker fees.

Just undock and kill a couple more rats or mine an extra half cargo of ore or something and the worries will be over.

3 Likes

I didn’t really complain about anything. Just started a discussion, that’s all.

Worth noting, however, that my rats are worth 7k isk and high sec ore isn’t worth nearly as much as tech II ships.

If the shoe fits, though I wasn’t typing that for your thread comments.