MTU Request

Shooting MTUs is often an important gateway into pvp. We shouldn’t be getting rid of people’s play styles.

Before mtus players were shooting other players. The mtu broke gameplay

People still shoot other players. Now there are more gateways into pvp. That is a positive thing not a negative thing.

Then you find less abandoned drones. Which isn’t good thing. ECM drones are left on purpose btw so that is why you see them so often.

1 Like

I know that mate, the whole abandoned drones from bad drone parents thing is a bit of a joke… :slight_smile:

Why not cut to the end of the chain of requests of “give an inch and they'll take a mile” and ask for the full feature set:

MTUs should grab the loot first then also salvage the wrecks automatically and once done should teleport themselves to Jita 4-4 and sell the loot then teleport back but not to where they were but instead right into my ship’s cargo hold no matter where I am at the moment.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Others already answered your current stage of request: MTUs are balanced, if you want a more focused savlaging method you do it manually. :wink:

1 Like

After all the answers I do not see a reason why MTU should NOT have have an option to “IGNORE EMPTY WRECKS”. Its just a quality of gameplay feature and does not break the game, its not OP, it just gives you an option for it to tractor only what you want it to. You can set it to whatever fits your playstyle or what you want to do, you know, like everything else.

I bet GEO Eclipse is one of those hardcore, micromanagement idiocrats who wants EVERYTHING done manually in order to enjoy the game experience. Probably one of those people who opposed the myriad of changes which improved gameplay like no skill loss on death, no need for clone upgrade, no need for cooldown on on clone jump from same station, give drones option to focus fire, salvage drones salvaging automatically instead of manually having to target each wreck.

NO - MTUS should not be tractoring in abandoned drones or anything else except wrecks.

Ccp has been steadfast in not changing ANY abyssal mechanics, especially the ship replacement if you dc.

Abyssals are already lucrative enough, if it was up to me, MTUs couldn’t even be anchored there (MobileDepots can’t!).

Solo runners should by default only get the BioCache unless they manually fly to the remote caches. But usually these should be the reward for teams or triples in Frigs/Destroyers where you are fast enough to grab ALL the loot that the solo cruiser pilot needs to leave behind. Encourages teamplay, which is always good.

Also in my opinion MTUs should always be able to tractor in all the wrecks, yellow or blue. It just can’t loot the yellow ones automatically. I am against transferring the security setting from the owner because the MTU could then basically steal without the owner being present to tackle and punish him. But in general all wrecks should become “abandoned” once the owner leaves the grid.

Also I’d reduce the Hitpoints of the standard MTU by 50%, leave the ‘Packrat’ as it is and boost the HP of the ‘Magpie’ by 100%.

I’d be happy if CCP would just put a Scoop to Cargo Hold button in the Selected Item window for MTU’s

1 Like

I agree with you that this is a QoL change. However, even a QoL can be partially balance change and in this exact case, despite I am all for QoLs, I don’t think this is good idea.

If MTU can do this, what is point of tractor beam? Additionally, if MTU can do this, it will mean that players will less likely make the decision to leave them behind unattended which then reduces the possible content to shoot them.

Here’s an idea for everyone to shoot down an MTU that salvages also

2 Likes

I support this, why not have an MTU that you can set that option on, I mean we have an MTU that drags in dead bodies, so why not.

Can we have is so MTUs can be picked up by fleet members. So if we are out doing missions and I drop an MTU, the salvager could collect it when they arrive.

They would need an “launch for corp” or “launch for fleet” for this. No idea if that is easy to implement. You can do it with POS modules, but you can’t do it with containers or mobile depots as far as I know…

1 Like

Launch for Fleet would be ideal really.

I personally like it. Drop mtu and go run more missions and sites. Come back take loot, all the wrecks are stacked nicely in one spot to clean up with my Noctis, “gobbler”.
Doesn’t take that long and the salvage adds up fast.

Such a depot upgrade would make sense.

That’s how it works now, isn’t it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.