Multiboxing discussion

Pve gameplay is being enforced onto a previous pvp gamestyle.

is not. Market trading is pvp only.

I think by afk they mean “botting”. Any more than 5 ice mining hulks being ran by the same person is pretty SUS. Doesn’t seem like that would be too effective without input broadcasting considering how short the cycle time on Ice miners is.

It’s not even remotely “SUS”. It’s pretty easy to control 20 or so miners in a fleet without input broadcasting.

1 Like

Now that ganking is done.

I think multi boxing miners should be banned.

And you are welcome to that view. I personally think all activities should be complex enough to make multiboxing more than a few very difficult. I seriously doubt CCP will do that though as it would heavily impact their profit.

1 Like

Ratting multiboxing, too? I’m currently watching a guy with 5 Vexors running Havens. The amount of effort to kill that guy and ruin their income is ridiculous compared to the zkill gains. Any ganker that has to use 5 T1 catas to kill 1 Retriever gets more Zkill value out of the kill than I would by being able to grab 1, let alone all of them. Or is ratting multiboxing in cheap, high DPS ships “just fine”?

I would love it to be one account per player, sadly this will not be happening :smiley:

3 Likes

No, just mining.

Not too bright, eh?

1 Like

Hey Ramona i was looking at old posts for upwell palatine keepstars and i saw a post about a seasonal dungeon called the “Hilmarr’s Lair” could you tell me more about it? My discord is Windy#4151 please add me

You play a game with clones, and you didn’t expect clone soldiers?

I agree. If we can run our ship with our mind, surely the technology would support having a fleet of ships that respond to multi-boxing. I have nothing against multi-boxers, although my old PC would catch on fire if I tried it. CCP picks and chooses what makes sense, sometimes they get it right.

It’s way into the future, surely one person can run multiple ships. Why is everyone so afraid of ISBOXER? Or, WASBOXER?

EDIT: I didn’t realize that it was still a thing.

*Not condoning ISBOXER®

Just to make it clear, there’s nothing inherently wrong with using ISBoxer (for those curious, I don’t use it these days). There are features of ISBoxer that are banned, such as the ability to broadcast input, such as the ability to chop up EVE client windows into one. But it also has features that are fine, like frame rate limiting, CPU assignments, etc. Some features CCP have just superseded, like how the launcher can now launch groups of clients for you.

I personally don’t think it’s worth using it as you can limit FPS using most graphics drivers and run the game in potato mode and it still scales pretty well without. It’s important to separate the features from the software though, because the behaviours banned whether using ISBoxer or not. If you press a key and that affects more than one client, that’s not allowed, or if you have a single window with pieces of UI from multiple clients merged together, that’s not allowed - regardless of the software used to do it.

1 Like

I understand that it’s not allowed, but why does CCP care? If you’re paying for 10 clients, why not have more control over how you apply them? I literally know nothing about how that stuff works. I have more than one account, but other than scouting through Null Sec. I don’t really use my second account much.

Why in-game facilitation for multiboxing isn’t a thing yet is beyond me… oh wait, it’s CCP. It took them 13 years to finally remove the ultra-oppressive AFK cloaking meta. Maybe I’m not so surprised.

But especially since the game now requires at least 2-3 accounts to barely keep your head above water, it surprises me even more.

Just integrate multiboxing AND yes, broadcast-inputting. It’s already passively accepted (Kusion et al). Sorry, kids, the videos are fake. Just do it so we can all cheat on a level playing field.

Remember, kids… When everyone’s cheating, no one is. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol. You funny.

1 Like

I don’t think he is funny
i mean, a cloaky heron could ruin the game of hundreds of billionaire null sec warriors
totally unfair and oppressive

Yes, having an unfamiliar name in local can truly be hyper-mega-ultra oppressive. I mean, unless they are docked. In that case it is totally fine.