Multiboxing Poll

When I first started, I didn’t use multiple accounts.
Then I met a guy that ran 11 Tristan’s. 1 was the focus of his little fleet. It targets fast, and all the other ones were set to follow. He put their drones on assist to the main tristan.
In this way, he could successfully gatecamp, and often used this method to protect his alliance pocket.
He could be beat, of course, but who can take 30 drones without smart bombs? If they were smartbomb fit, they were useless for just about anything else.
That’s how you multibox pvp.

You could do the same thing with 11 dominix or vexors, but you’d be investing more than he did.
In situations where intel showed cepters inc, other people would join to pin them down and whore on the killmail.

1 Like

A gang of drones using drone assist rely on a single ship to switch between targets. Once that single ship is destroyed or jammed the whole set-up cannot intelligently select targets and probably can’t manoeuvre effectively either.

A gang half the size or even smaller than the one you describe could convincingly win.

1 Like

Very true.
That didn’t seem to happen very often though.

1 Like

I dont think multi boxing itself is the issue but rather how easily (yes it does take some skill) it can be done. When it comes to mining im sure many people have seen fleets of Orcas that are multiboxing semi afk in high sec.

When it comes to PvP theres as i see it 2 types of multi boxers
there are the players that use 1 character as a scout, this is dont really see as much of an issue
the other type is the person using multiple characters all at the same time in combat, whether its ganking or as mentioned above with drone assisted tristans.

While i truely believe that eve should be rewarding to those who think outside the box and use ingenious tactics, i think that there are times it can undermine the “spirit” of gaming in general, and that is that games are supposed to be a challenge to the player and here we have players trying to circumvent that.

1 Like

You wanted to say MAO - Massive Accounts Online game. The second ‘M’ would be cool but it’s more of a poll of how inadequate people feel and over-compensate.

6 Likes

ROFL. Good one.

Dray

1 Like

WOW! Look at these results. EVE players prefer to cheat than play for the fun of the game.
Good thing I didn’t pay one day for omega time.
Uninstalled with negative review on Steam. See ya

1 Like

Lol
How is playing multiple accounts cheating?

Bye Felicia!

5 Likes

I want to play poker with you. BTW, you get to play with one hand and I get three. But don’t worry, I really suck at poker.

1 Like

Smart.

Are you also going to be buying in three times? Paying the blinds? How about bluffing? You might have three hands, but the other player still only has to fool one person.

Your only “advantage” is an economy of scale; if you’re good at poker, you’ll make money faster. But in your ill-thought example, playing additional hands doesn’t confer any undue advantages, and in fact puts you at a disadvantage in some regards.

4 Likes

You’re so comfortable with cheating and that you don’t even see the problem. You’re part of the problem that new players leave or others never download this game.
I used my alpha account to try it out.
The verdict is in: EVE is a game for cheaters, liars, thieves, toxic abusers of online gaming and the worst of people society has to offer.

Who is Felicia? lol. You’re crazy.

Anyway, I’m at work right now. I will biomass when I come home.
Enjoy your cheating game by and among yourselves.
Patrovita OUT

2 Likes

Bye Felicia!

5 Likes

I STRONGLY suspect there is multiboxing going on in the poll voting. :upside_down_face:

Anyway, interesting voting pattern so far. Not concerned at all has more votes but very concerned a close second.

I voted for a limit of 3 characters to multibox but that is only because of the way EVE is set up right now. If one solo player could get some certain intel better, I would aim for one at a time. Without changes, 3 seems fair. And pushing people to team up is a very real world dynamic I like in a way, but then again, this is supposed to be a game so…

2 Likes

That’s not cheating, that’s playing by the rules if the rules allow it and by the structure of the game if the game is structured around handling multiple hands. If you are not competent enough to handle multiple hands even though the game allows it and encourages it, that’s not the fault of the game, that’s your fault.
In EVE, the rules allow multiboxing and the entire game is structured around multiboxing. Change the game first so that it does not revolve around multiboxing, then you can talk about removing it. And even then it won’t be successful because CCP is too incompetent to actually enforce it which means that people who know how to get around have a massive advantage over those who do not. (See for reference Goons and their way to show standing tags in local with 3rd party tools before everyone else could, which forced CCP to implement this as game feature.)

Right now everyone can multibox and benefit from doing so. Everyone can have the same advantages if they want to use multiple characters. No one has an advantage over one other person if they are willing to put effort into learning how to use the tools.

2 Likes

Felicia is the goddess of farewells. Its a meme.

So being able to directly see 15 cards are unavailable to draw (as opposed to 5) is not an advantage. Uh…okay.

I think you being hasty on your take on multiboxing as well.

2 Likes

Cheating is about more than just “what’s allowed by the rules”. Lots of things have been determined to be cheating even when it was not in the rules at all. This is because an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage even if its not written in the rules as cheating. There is also the idea of unreasonable burden and that’s why we don’t have an “all drug” Olympics.

BTW, since you didn’t quote me I am not sure what you are talking about.

Anyway, I am pretty sure EVE partly allows multiboxing because there just isn’t a lot they can do about it. Its more avoidance of a headache than it is a cheerful thumbs up. The other part is of course, the money.

2 Likes

There’s nothing else of relevance in your post than the cheating claim. If it’s too hard for you to figure out what I am talking about after I replied to your 1 line post, you clearly have an issue.

An all drugs Olympia doesn’t exist because the rules are so that they prohibit doping. Olympia is a nice example, however, for the reason why prohibiting multiboxing in EVE is a bad idea. You see, doping is so pervasive in Olympia and the IOC can’t stop it. CCP is in the same position, as they could not even prevent alpha account multiboxing. And their arena rules are so bad that they have to declare combat timer spamming an exploit to protect the great unwashed scrubs.

I never even thought of multiboxing. If multiboxing is part of EVE gameplay and approved by CCP then I’ve been playing at a disadvantage for a while. Shame on me!
I’ve got a few computers at home that I can fix up, more than enough screens, and a big enough income to Omega at least 10 accounts.
Multiboxing here I come!

3 Likes

So now he’s saying that something that isn’t prohibited by the rules is still cheating.

That’s starting to sound like “ban the protein shakes” logic to me. :sunglasses:

1 Like