Multiple alphas

We’ve done it with a maller and two cats, successfully.

And the groups we’ve been watching, recently upgraded to using an orca with the fleet.

We usually go out with 4 pilots, but have never had to use the 3rd cat. He just scoops our fittings after Concord kills us.

Have you tried convo with them, or calling them out in local? Any responses or reactions?

If you destroy the ship and the pod keeps on warping in and out like nothing happened, is definitely a script running. Kill them, bump them, report them.

I would also suggest taking some screenshots of it to back up your reporting.

I can’t imagine this is a good indicator. I ignore chat requests or local chat when I’m pissing people off.

I wasn’t sure how much ccp cared about multi boxing alphas.

When I’ve mined other peoples belts they grab an alpha bumper or two to try and get rid of me. Obviously they aren’t capable of using a barge cause they’d make way more by just ignoring me and mining than dedicating a character to bumping me…

Or multiboxing myrmidons in missions.

Didn’t think anyone cared enough for it to be worth reporting.

It is just one of many indications. If they replied as a person would then there is less indication of botting, no?

Can’t i type whilst a bot does it’s thing? And can’t i not reply and still not be a bot?

It just doesn’t seem like a useful test to me.

yes, yes, and no.

Additionally if you didn’t reply then I would probably bump you next. Then destroy your ship.
And post a meme :smiley:

Could you please come to jufvitte? It’s crawling with bot like behaviour.

Maybe, will see…

Shipscan the Orca and figure out how many Catalysts you need to kill it,
all the numbers and appropriate cheapo fits are over on minerbumping.

Disclaimer, I may or may not have a vested interest in Orcas needing to be replaced.

1 Like

So what i want to know is if CCP decides they are bots or multiple alpha abuse do they ip and hardware ban the bots to also stop the low life cheat/ers behind it or does all the isk that the mining fleets make get routed to the main person who owns the bot fleet get to just keep it ? Also have screenshots of who is in local everytime these bots are there. Very very interesting lol

You can’t ip ban. Most ISPs use rotating IPs. MAC bans also would be spoofable and usable to get opponents banned.
All they can do is account ban, ban any other accounts they can identify as linked and confiscate isk.

1 Like

Technically they can ban one’s HWID that is a pain in the arse to spoof.

@MaadJ Pods don’t have any cargo hold at all, so with them warping to and from a can, should tell you that it’s a bot most likely if its a pod doing it.

I guess he meant the importance of keeping the number of online players up, regarding the effect it has on advertisement and maybe regarding the sale to PA.

If it was that, then the kind of Alphas we speak about here (not regular new players, but multiboxing/botting Alphas), indirectly boost income for CCP in the short term. However, I suppose in the long term they create more loss than income, because players will leave, if they realize they’re surrounded by bots.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.