Multiple pilot disorder

i should know I have talked to his alts

I have 10 Omegas active right now and 13 alphas sitting in mothballs for when I need their particular skill set for a time.

No apologies and I donā€™t feel I have any ā€œdisorderā€. Just a whole bunch of characters with focused training for specific tasks ready to be activated when required.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Alts are great.

The better you are, the more accounts you can run.

That IS the game.

I think what heā€™s getting at is ā€˜I wish I did not need more than 1 pilot to actually enjoy the game and have funā€¦ā€™.

1 Like

ā€¦ which is possible unless you insist on having fun only with the few specific playstyles who require own alts.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I have just one Omega ( and two Alphas ). Nine characters in all. I was seriously contemplating making one of the Alphas into a second Omega, but then CCP went and increased the priceā€¦which was a bad move that in my view undoubtedly put off many who may have gone for more than one Omega.

Of course Iā€™d love to take on the gate camp at Kinakka with a multibox fleet of my Raven fitting, but paying Ā£50 a month for the 4 accounts to do so just isnā€™t worth it.

Personally I think there ought to be a successive level of discount for each additional account. 50% off for second account, 75% off for third account, or something like that. ORā€¦pay a little extra to have 4, 5, or even six characters on each account and allow them to be split into some multiboxing arrangement.

So, you are proposing to make it worse?

2 Likes

Giving a discount for multiple accounts would only exacerbate the problem, as I would increase my 5 Omega accounts to 10. I mean, Iā€™m already comfortable with paying for 5 accounts, so why not have 10 for the same priceā€¦

then it would be free

It take at least 2 in game characters to black ops.

Thank you for stating the obvious. However, it doesnā€™t mean it has to be 2 characters of the same player and you donā€™t HAVE to use BO, these are CHOICES.

Itā€™s like you didnā€™t read the thread at all.

People that say you do not need more than 1 account are usually F1-click drones. If you want to be that guy, sure, one account suffices.

If you want to get the most out of the game in ALL aspects of the game, it will over time be extremely inefficient (isk wise) if you only use 1 character, meaning: Why needing 100x more time to achieve something if you instead just use two characters? What is the time investment vs goals worth it to you? So, only you can answer that question to yourself.

1 Like

Why would you want to do ALL aspects of the game? Thereā€™s tons of play styles you might like, thereā€™s also tons you might dislike. I bet you donā€™t do all aspects of the game and neither do I or most others.

Some people care more about other things, not everyone is like youā€¦

Mate, you need to read what people write and answer on point. Letā€™s go back to what I said:

ā€œIf you want to get most out of the game in ALL aspects of the gameā€.

If you want to do solo pvp efficiently and minimize loss (because letā€™s face it, solo pvp is expensive af over time without a proper srp program nor easy isk making opportunities), and if you want to do ransoming/piracy and so many other advantages the game offers, you cannot play this game on 1 account however, it is all up to your fun factor.

The fact that I use more than 1 account is that I can first of all, easily afford to pay for them in in-game means because I have very good isk making possibilities in ver yshort times, and also, I need them and since I use them, I have about 50x more fun in the game because I just gave myself way more opportunities. I can do things without relying on others or being part of rabble fleets, etc. whenever I want !

Sure, you can go do lvl 4 missions with 1 account, but you can also sit with a few SB Macharials in a haven site and get it done in about 4 mins. I mean, it is up to you.

Over time, 1 account you will see it is a huge time loss if you are in this game for the long haul.

If you just want to pop in here every now and then and participate in a fleet or participate in the scanning events, hey, 1 account suffices.

To your second comment. Like I said, it depends of your gamestyle and what this game means to you.

I did, because:

Followed by

Shows us that you donā€™t a) youā€™re not being honest and b) you donā€™t care nor understand that different people might be different. Youā€™re looking at it from exactly one perspective: yours.

Beyond that:

Only if you choose it to be that way. You can pvp just fine without using silly stuff, in fact I do it all the time and Itā€™s easily paid for if you make like 75m+ an hour which is easily doable on one character (and much more as well).

ā€œWhy needing 100x more timeā€
ā€œI have about 50x more funā€
ā€œSure, you can go do lvl 4 missionsā€

You talk a lot of exaggerated ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

sighā€¦ Ok then, good luck to you mate.

I replaced my friends with alts.

Good riddance.

3 Likes

ā€¦ or you can just not grind PvE? A lot of multiboxing relates to ā€œhow I make vast amounts of ISK fastā€. The reason is people donā€™t like PvE, but do it because they have no other idea of funding their playstyles. Partly I blame that on the nullsec topography where people get stuck in the a** end of New Eden basically with no other means of ISK making available.

I personally fully understand multiboxing in PvP, not doing it is just a personal choice, though itā€™s totally viable if you fly reasonable cheap (depending on your wallet).

1 Like

Frostpacker is sorry for picking on your alt.

1 Like