Mutated Heavy Drones MWD Stuck on?

So since their introduction my mutated heavy drones keep their MWD’s on after launching, and never drop down to their Orbit velocity of 300ms, they cant hit anything due to their tracking when they are burning around at 1500ms. Cant find any forum posts on this so here we go!

Any clue as to whether this is being looked into?

Bug report it

It affects light drones too. They miss a lot of shots.

Because of this I think its currently not possible for a mutated drone to outperform the original, they just miss way too much.

It’s absolutely stuck on.

they’re totally worthless right now, cant hit a damn thing, they go so fast that they cant even hit battleships.

Using mutated wasps, and it’s bad, one’s stuck at 1300ms, and one’s stuck at 1k. They should drop down to 330 or so but never do.

Bug reported this WEEKS ago.

like, 3 days after they came out, that long ago.

And it’s still a problem.

This is SUCH a problem that they’re actually useless

I have tested, confirmed, and reported this bug. What we are seeing is the drone AI not switching from maximum velocity to orbit velocity; this behavior is controlled by range-based attributes which appear to be missing from the in-game instances of mutated drone types.

This image shows a mutated Hammerhead II and an unmutated Hammerhead II both attacking the same battleship target, comfortably in their desired orbit range for quite some time, with the mutated drone still using max velocity:

2 Likes