Restrained MWDs outclass enduring MWDs by a large margin and are better than T2 MWDs in most circumstances, which reduces viable fitting options for the player.
- Restrained MWDs have the smallest signature bloom of the 3 modules.
- Restrained MWDs have better cap usage than T2 modules.
- Restrained MWDs have a capacitor capacity penalty reduction, which is generally better than the enduring MWD’s activation cost reduction, because that extra capacitor can be used for anything, not just your MWD.
- T2 MWDs have a <1% advantage in terms of speed, which is trivial.
This is simply too many advantages in a single, non-faction/deadspace/officer module. Each meta module should have a role that is distinct and different than others, and, in most respects, they should not outshine T2 modules.
- Get rid of the restrained MWD’s capacitor capacity penalty reduction, the signature radius penalty reduction is already a large enough niche for the module.
- Trade the enduring MWD’s activation cost reduction for a capacitor capacity penalty reduction, as this is more often useful, and will open up more viable gameplay for this module.
- Reduce the speed bonus of restrained, compact and enduring MWDs to 500% (it’s 505% now), this will help distinguish T2 MWDs from meta MWDs.
- Give the T2 MWD a 475% signature radius modifier (it’s currently 500%), this will make it distinctly superior to the enduring MWD in terms of signature (also 500%), while still leaving a niche for the restrained MWD (450%).
Right now, restrained MWDs are the MWD option for most players if they can afford the fitting. It would be great to see the list of useful non-faction/deadspace/officer MWDs increase.