My Very first post on this forum is a moan

Over time I’ve had some vague requests for GM’s. Age old accounts I lost access to while not having access to that email address anymore. A Character I had deleted years ago asking if it could be restored, while not even remembering what account it was on.

It NEVER took long, apart from that deleted character which took them a LOT of searching resulting in a triumphant “I found it!” from that GM. Bless his heart.

IF it takes them a long time to recover your account it’s either because you’re not exactly being useful, logical or friendly OR Because the account is fishy. It’s really that simple.

2 Likes

And you really wonder why your posts are flagged??

2 Likes

Another happy customer brought to you by CCP customer service.

Wonder if anyone at CCP will ever have the idea to say “We really should fix that”

How exactly does one lose the email account associated with their “main” toon? Please, walk me through the series of events that would lead to this outcome.

Who in their right mind actually uses the email address provided by your ISP? What happens if you move and change ISPs? Or if, as seems to happen often, your account gets corrupted and they have to make another one for you?

Go get a real email address. =)

Yeah, like AOL or something, or Angelfire.

moan thread…

1 Like

“10 years” “250 million sp” “5 accounts” yet you seem not to understand why what you expect from ccp might be suspicious, let alone you have never dealt with ccp support for anything in ten years?

In a similar time period probably at least once a year or so something has come up just in the course of normal gameplay that requires support interaction. Twice I’ve asked ccp to deal with issues of similar level to what you whinge talk about here. I’ve always been pleased with the efforts ccpCS put in, even when one of the aforementioned major issues could not resolve as I had hoped.

OP, did you give ccp customer service the Karen-demands-to-see-the-manager attitude you’ve displayed in this post? If so, you are surprised how things are going for you? You don’t grasp how any customer service anywhere involving humans works if so.

2 Likes

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting