My Year in Eve video shut down a day early

Eve is played worldwide. There are timezones where downtime is already the next day locally.

CCP never claim 11:00 UTC is the end of the day, just the standardized time they implement changes and we all need to adjust for our local time accordingly.

Why wait for the last possible day in the first place? Never understood such people. :thinking:

Fair enough. Done and done.

I never said, or intended to say, that you might be stupid for not knowing the time. But maybe for blaming others on your faults :wink:.

Procrastinators always blame the thing they missed out on by procrastinating on anything but their procrastination.

Well, sorry to hear you missed out on saving the video. Hopefully CCP will create another one for 2020.

In my 11 years of playing this game, CCP has never created a special gift like that for the players. In my opinion it was definitely worth the small amount of time it took to download and save it.

2 Likes

I do understand time zones, of course I do. I still think CCP could have communicated better here by;

–saying download by 1100 UTC Jan 30.

or

–keeping it available until Jan 30 at midnight crosses the international date line and disappears forever, thereby making it available for everyone the entirety of Jan 30th (and thereby well into Jan 31st for folks on the other side of the date line).

I did not assume it would be a downtime deadline because the video is not really game related. It’s not a in-game thing like a skill spree or a patch release.

At any rate I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect better communication from CCP on stuff like this.

As for the store in a different time zone argument they typically will have a closing time you know published. ie. this offer only good until xxx date, then you can look and see when the store closes.

So yes I did assume that when I get an email saying Jan 30, it would still be available on the morning of Jan 30.

I got busy with real life and didn’t download it, all this could have been avoided if I’d just made some time, I realize that.

I don’t feel the need to defend myself anymore, it is a fruitless endeavor since the event is already past and nothing can be done, and since this forum community, like the game itself can be a tad… overcritical at times.

So I’m not going to respond anymore to this thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.