Nala Queen for CSM 18

To me this then is what needs to be added to the Corporation UI.

Good question; In my opinion the corporation is the MEGA ship of EVE. It’s the ship we all fly in together. I believe that Corporations stand at the centre of EvE and their operational functions should reflect this.

Essentially EvE is #TheCaldariLife about Mega Corporations operating outside of government control in what is essentially lawless territories.

Because people need structure in order to function together, we self organise, I believe that the corporation UI should facilitate this process from the ground up.

Right now the corporation UI does not do what corporations need it to do, if it did, there would be no need for 3rd party applications to pick up the slack.

I think that the Projects tool was a step in the right direction but that if corporations are still preferring to use their out-of-game tool then the in-game tool needs improvement.

I believe that the addition of Corporation level skill plans was a no brainer. Add to that Corporation level fits.

The bulletin board needs a complete overhaul so that it becomes a meaningful place that the corporation can gather around to communicate with each other.

The labels, roles, permissions, and access lists set up is a labyrinth of tiny nonsensical menus that are a real pain in the backside to set up. I mean how are you meant to manage and organise hundreds of players effectively with these tools. There needs to be some kind of way to quickly sort players based on relevant variables so that you can get benefits to them or promote them into leadership roles or identify them as threats even.

When I was attempting to run a corp, there was information that I wanted to give to players that were running missions that was different to information that ii wanted to give to players that were mining for fun. And then there were players who got started on industry projects which was a part of the game that I knew nothing about and I couldn’t find all this players to help them easily. It was such a problematic task to manage. You wouldn’t run a business this way.

There are all these play styles, ratting, ganking, exploring, trading, hauling that could all be improved through features in the corporation Ui that let them share the important information relevant to the tasks they perform.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT. I think that shares should matter. Corporations should be able to go public and trade on the markets becoming profitable entities unto themselves. Financial warfare and shareholder PROFIT needs to be a thing. I honestly can’t believe it doesn’t exist. I mean @Hilmar what were you thinking or failing to think of?

You can read more about my thoughts here: