Navy Scorp as Shield Nestor

I still think Navy hulls should be around the 250m ISK mark. They really don’t offer that much over the T1 variant to justify 3-4x the price. I’m also fine with Pirate hulls in the 300m-400m ISK range.

3 Likes

that’s generally how it works in eve though. you pay a lot more for a bit of gain.

the navy ships are priced pretty well right now. people are willing to use them and i almost never hear
“don’t use an SNI its to expensive” its rather “don’t use an SNI a rattle is about the same price”

SNI is a very niche hull and doesn’t get used all that much. This means few people running Cal Navy missions bother to convert their LP into SNI’s.
The main issue with the SNI as I see it is you can’t get a BPC for it, only upgrade your T1 scorp to an SNI, this introduces some non-trivial logistics problems when we’re talking about huge null blob fleets. It’s a lot easier totransport 100 Machariel/Rattlesnake BPCs and build them on-site than it is to move 100 SNI hulls. If there was a BPC option, I daresay they might see more use.

1 Like

That’s my point. Everything a Navy hull can do any of the Pirate Faction hulls can do better for marginally more cost. Even @ 800m ISK a Rattlesnake is still a better choice over a Navy Scorpion for a variety of reasons.

2 Likes

Rattle is slow as molasses though, definitely a weakness of the ship.

Just add a nanofiber.

1 Like

Only the Nestor is slower in the Pirate BBs, but it has no mass and is a class all by itself. Although I suppose shield fit gives the RS some makeup vs the armor ships. It’s still a tub though.

Navy are upgraded combat ships with heavy tank.
Pirates are more attack style with speed and/or dps.

They ARE more powerful in general, but i haven’t seen it stated as design.

1 Like

Personally I would replace the Nestor’s logi ability with something that’s actually useful. Something from the BLOPS/marauder type, like tractor beam range for example.

I agree with this. We should make an omni-logi pirate faction out of the Thukker tribe, that would fit their nomadic lifestyle.

1 Like

New faction with their line of ships centered around versality?

I would propose high slots with turret/missile versatile fitting option like with gnosis, rather big amount of them, but without the dps bonuses. Bonuses would be centered around logi bonuses and mining. Rather big drone hangar and cargo hold. Should look like postapocalypse in space considering ship visuals.

2 Likes

Pirate hulls - it’s the only way to fly.

Navy hulls basically serve as rewards for FW and are one of the biggest ongoing scams perpetuated on the EVE populace. If the cost were reduced (as it should be) you’d need a fleet of whambulances for all the FW tears.

It wouldn’t really change much since there are better way to burn LP than BS hulls. Even high volume stuff like ammo gives you more for your LP in many cases.

1 Like

There are a number of navy/fleet BS that are useful. Some could use some tweaking, sure, but theyre all still quite powerful. Just with pirate BS being so cheap/comparable to navy, people are less inclined to buy them. Why buy an SNI when a rattle is cheaper/same priced?

That being said, i think the SNI is still a good ship (focusing on missiles) but there are certain areas it lacks in, such as sig resolution (93mm). A naglfar and nidhoggur have more scan res.

2 Likes

This is the sort of ability that would be more appropriate to a Thukker line of ships (Minmatar/Cardari skill, ideally), as they are nomadic and it would therefore be thematically appropriate for them to have mobile repair and refit facilities.

2 Likes

you mean if pirate hull costs were increased as they should be. make the navy any cheaper and you just push the issue onto the standard T1 hulls

some of the pirate hulls are almost too expensive I think lke ~700 mill would work

most are well under the 700 mark

Isn’t the Bhargest like 900 mill?

yes but it is seeded differently note i said most

I really like this idea. It’s taking a worthless hull and converting into something useful, but not obscenely OP. It would also fall in like with the Scorpion, the only EWAR T1 BS, hull being a bit of a unicorn. +1.