Need a Tier 2 Abyssal minmatar ship

Any one got a fit to do tier 2 abyssal sites for a Minmatar toon.

Hi,

you can try an armor tanked Stabber Fleet Issue in Electrical Filaments, but be careful, as I havenā€™t tested it much. The Abyss can be a pain for turret based ships, as some rats bring Tracking Disrupters.

And keep moving, donā€™t try to use ā€œKeep in rangeā€. Iā€™ve lost a Vagabond in a Tier 2 abyss, because I felt too confident with my active tank and wanted to speed up killing a Lucid Deepwatcher by using ā€œKeep in rangeā€. My shields were blasted away in seconds.

If you want easy mode, just cross-train into the Gila.

[Stabber Fleet Issue, SFI Abyss Electrical]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Shadow Serpentis Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Vespa x4

EMP M x15000
Optimal Range Script x1

Ok, just tested the fit. Better donā€™t use it!

Had a spawn with two Striking and one Harrowing Vedmak. Barely survived this spawn by burning both reppers and sure enough died in the next pocket. Forgot to bring Nanite Paste :grin:

Problem with them is that they stay outside web range and repair each other. You may catch them with overheated webs or faction webs. But honestly, just use a Gila and be done with it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks, but I think most of the ā€œofficialā€ fittings are not capable of running T2 in a consistent way.

I doubt that the Rupture from this page would have done better against the three Vedmaks. The Vedmaks orbit at 15 km, where you can only apply half of the paper DPS with 220 mm Autocannons. And the incoming damage ramps up fastā€¦

I agree that Tier 2 Abyss is where it starts to get surprisingly tough for many cruisers. I liked to experiment in the past with ships and fits that didnā€™t require implants or drugs for Tier 2 Abyss and have lost a Stabber Fleet, Stratios, Vigilant, and Ashimmu. Itā€™s never been the damage application of those ships that failed, itā€™s always been their tanks that failed against the harder spawns for that Tier.

Iā€™ve never come across three Vedmaks in Tier 2, long ago it was 2 Vedmak spawn that had crazy dps that killed my ships before. Then at some point I never even saw 2 Vedmak spawn anymore, it became one Vedmak and 2 Dramaviks, which was a lot easier. But maybe something changed recently. The other bad spawn was 2 Striking Leshak spawn that had crazy tracking, tougher than 2 Starving Leshaks.

But yah, as mentioned, just fly a gila, or train into one if you want to run Tier 1 - 2 Abyss without implants or drugs. Tier 3 may start to require implants and drugs. Itā€™s not balanced, but gila just has it all for most PvE, plenty of buffer tank and dps. I kinda feel some of the other cruisers need a buff, there shouldnā€™t only be one ā€˜go-toā€™ faction cruiser for this content.

EDIT: Actually I forgot Iā€™ve read that the Phantasm works good in Abyss, and I have plans to experiment with Orthrus.

Thanks for posting a follow up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.