Need advice fitting a Cheetah

I’ve been exploring Hi-Sec for a few months now working up the skills. I want to venture out into WH space and decided on the Cheetah as my ship. Mainly because of the reasonable price and the other sister ships in this category don’t appeal to me visually.

My problem is fitting the thing. Just how do you fit a Cheetah for exploration and survival in WH space given the limited slots?

I’d love to take any of the SOE explorers, but the price tags on those is pretty high IMO, to say nothing of their VERY LIMITED skin options.

TY.

if it is purely for explo (hacking relic/data sites, taravel cloaky and scan sigs) it is not hard to fit
The survival part = don’t get caught (dscan, interdiction nullifier,…)

found this one on the net
a t2 core probe laucher is probably enough

Cheetah, Cheetah CovOps Scanning Fit]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer II
Relic Analyzer II
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Interdiction Nullifier I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

2 Likes

Im not a fan of a warp core stabilizer on a covops, bcs if you get locked, youre most likely dead anyway and its drawbacks combined with nullifier drawbacks makes locking and scanning too painful for me.

[Cheetah, WH 4sec align]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Signal Amplifier II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Cargo Scanner II
Relic Analyzer II

Core Probe Launcher II
Interdiction Nullifier I

Small Ionic Field Projector II

Standard X-Instinct Booster

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Mobile Depot x1
Data Analyzer II x1

3 Likes

I want to thank the posters who shared the builds with me.

I ventured out by way of a wormhole into Null sec. I was being as paranoid as hell with Dscan and my probes, spening most of my time cloaked until I felt it was safe to hack a site.

Let me share this with you which I found very funny:

Right after a hack, out of nowhere before I could warp or cloak up, 22 ships showed up and handed me my ass. Of course they had fun first. I was given a dazzling display of every nerf possible to a ship. They told me it would be on Youtube. Truth is, it was a very funny experience with funny players via their messages to me. Got a Corp invite out of it.

But what I have learned is that the best fit is a CHEAP fit. NOTHING was going to save me from that ambush, so why spend on prepping with any costly gear?

For grins I self destructed, but they weren’t going to have it so they nuked me. Learning experience: self destructing takes 2 effing minutes…WTF?

Im just glad Cheetahs are reasonably cheap so I can rebound.

2 Likes

funfact : your capsule was more expensive than your fit.

Also Stratios | Ibex Horrne | Killmail | zKillboard
???

why did you take on a fight in HS when not fit for PVP ?

1 Like

OK.
The Cheetah fit isn’t unreasonable - I fly a similarly expensive Anathema. The Sisters launcher is a nicety and I can afford it.
I worry less about trying to escape than being able to scan and hack quickly while being as invisible as possible.
Think: pickpocket rather than mugger.

Don’t go into harms way with a bunch of training implants. Have a nice clean, cheap clone.
On the upside, that’s not an expensive set of implants in the scheme of things.

I tend to fit for scanning and hacking effectiveness rather than any thought of surviving if I’m caught.
You are paper thin whatever happens.
Running away is always best.
Keep pressing d-scan.

Your attackers, if they see you are in a cheetah, know you’ll be one of the hacking sites and can drop straight on you. If you see anything on d-scan then RUN. You don’t have time to finish a hack, or cloak, or think of where to run to - just click on your bailout point and leave. Hit cloak in warp and get out of that system. And don’t think the next system is safe either
You are always the hunted.

1 Like

That was more or less “unexpected pvp.” The guy warped in on my location at the tail end of a security mission as I was gathering loot. I thought it was a straggling NPC. My mistake. I’m still green and I didn’t know people can just pop in on your mission site. Makes the whole point of using the jump gates to get to your mission site pointless, really.

Yeah, got podded twice yesterday. Expensive day. :frowning_face:

You know you can change clone in a station with clone service, so as to not lose your expensive clone ?
+3 are cheap enough.

2 Likes

every death in eve is a way for you to learn and improve
and also the danger gives you some challenge, sweat and adrenalin. That’s basically which makes eve pve interesting. Because otherwise, mining/hacking etc would become very boring after a few days
So seize the opportunity of those kills to learn from them.
Ships/implants etc are ammos

1 Like

Well in my case I thought I could kill that guy, so I “unexpectedly pvpd” him. Turned out, I could not. Lesson learnt : if there is an occasion to PVP you did not choose, it means you are already losing.

Actually it gives you time to find them on dscan, which is VERY valuable, eg to notice an incoming blops (acceleration gates decloak) and set them a trap. While still running your ded10. Even if the commander has bad roll, you get another chance with the KM :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying this guy

[Cheetah, 3 sec align & cloaky]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Warp Core Stabilizer II

Scan Acquisition Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer (or T2)

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Interdiction Nullifier II

Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.