Survive Low/Nullsec Travel Ships & Fitting

Hi,
I’m planning to fit a ship for fast and secure travelling new eden. (without the need to be constantly checking d-scan, galaxy map with kills in system, 5 external sites, etc.)

I don’t want to do any hauling whatsoever and I know I will loose ships, so cheap fitting is prefered.

As I don’t do PvP I’m missing the knowledge of how exactly lowsec/nullsec ganks happen (allthough i read quite a bit about it) and I was hoping to get some help here on:

1) What ships to use
2) Which (general) fitting would increase my survivability the most
3) My current ideas for ships + fitting

tl;dr:
What ship/fitting can I use for fast and safe lowsec/nullsec traveling?
is better to have <2s align or a cloak?

Here are my thoughts so far - I would really appreciate some further input:

1. What ship to use?
    I have skills mainly for caldari ships so I’m only listing those
    a) lowsec
    buzzard and raptor look like good choices, buzzard for cloak and raptor for <2s align
    b) nullsec
    i would assume the only viable ship for me would be a crow because of invulnerability to bubbles - right?

2. Which (general) fitting works best?
    please keep in mind that the purpose of this ship should be fast travel - so i would prefer to use rig slots for ‘hyperspatial velocity optimizer’
    a) “instant”-align
    fit the ship for an align-time under 2s
    b) cloaked
    fit the ship with a covert-ops cloaking device

3. My current ship/fitting ideas:
    (the high slots are not fitted with anything except for cloaking)

• Raptor with <2s align AND 2 hyperspat. vel. rigs

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Shield Extender II
Small Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier I

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

cheap and fast (11.3 AU/s, 1.96s align time) - ehp 5.1k but no cloak!
ok for lowsec?

• Crow with <2s align and 1 hyperspat. vel. rig

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Small Shield Extender II
Small Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier I

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

not as fast as raptor (9.6 AU/s) but with 1.998s align still under 2s and invulnerable against bubbles, 4.5k ehp and no cloak!
ok for nullsec?

• Buzzard with cloak

Inertial Stabilizers II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

EM Ward Amplifier I
EM Ward Amplifier I
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier I
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

fast (12.3 AU/s) but more expensive than the other 2 due to cloaking device, align time of over 4s (4.06 - should one rig be exchanged for faster align time? which would make it slower again), MWD and cloak should keep me safe, right?
ok for low/nullsec?

all 3 ships don’t cost that much, but i fear stranding somewhere with only my capsule and getting podkilled as well which i would like to avoid

thanks for bearing with me during this endless post and i hope you can provide me with further insights on how to travel fast and (relatively) secure

br,
Tube Child Gamma B37E95

Sorry I’m not in a position to share a fit but consider a cloak mwd fit Victorieux Luxury Yacht with istabs. Survives smart bombs and immune to bubbles.

You’re on the right track. Here are the considerations, most of them you’ve already thought of:

-Sub 2s Align time
-Covert Cloak
-Interdiction Immunity
-Speed (in case you have to burn back to a gate)
-Warp speed
-Signature size (shield extenders increase, armor doesn’t)
-Tank (smart-bomb immunity)

If you were going to stick to lowsec I’d say Dramiel is the way to go because of the extra warp speed. In null I’d recommend the Malediction because it hits most of the criteria and is bubble immune and uses armor. The Yacht hits like every criteria on the list but has no cargohold, but since you don’t plan on carrying cargo it may be perfect. T3 cruiser is a lot slower than anything else on the list but also much tougher.

thanks for the ideas!
i fitted a dramiel now like this:

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

EM Ward Amplifier I
EM Ward Amplifier I
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier I

align: 1.82s
warp: 11.8 AU/s
ehp: 4.5k

which should be ok for lowsec i hope

the raptor fit would have been cheaper, but with only around 3k ehp

i tried to fit a yacht - but i couldn’t get the align time below 2s and it’s quite expensive for a ‘i want to try flying nullsec but i can’t align under 2s’ - even with the cloak
it got more ehp, but when i’m locked down this does not help much (only delaying the inevitable) or does it really have full warp immunity?

this would be my fitting (T2 equip because the ship itself is more expensive):

Inertial Stabilizers II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

50MN Microwarpdrive II

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

which would give me:
align: 2.99s
warp: 10.4 AU/s

but quite a large signature (194)

regarding smart-bomb immunity: i tried to find more information on that, but maybe you can give me rough numbers: how much DPS should i expect at a gatecamp with smartbombs?
i tried fitting a smartbomb in my mission runner nightmare, but the dps aren’t really something to worry about so i must be overlooking something

1 Like

One battleship does 3k volley. I like to get my travel fits above 6k to potentially survive two volleys or two ships volleying once each.

So basically smartbomb immunity means 3k+ hp

You have to fit agility rigs :frowning:

Here’s what I use:

Dramiel

[Dramiel, Travel]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Experimental Hyperspatial Accelerator

Gistii A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Caldari Navy EM Ward Amplifier

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Hail S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Hail S
Festival Launcher, Yoiul Festival Firework

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Warrior II x3
Warrior II x1

Malediction

[Malediction, travel]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

I guess I do use shield on the mal

1 Like

with all T2 (rigs and istabs) the align time is still 2.03s

only when using at least one faction istab (and agility rigs) or 2 faction istabs (with warp rigs) can i get below 2s, but then i’ve got an even bigger ‘hit me’ drawn on my ship

thanks for the smartbomb number and the fits!

1 Like

some people can sb with 3 BS.
A SB does 300 alpha, *8=2400 , *3 = 7200 damage.
But those can be avoided by warping to pings and cloaking. Since I was almost always hit by EM SB I most of the time tank the EM a bit more.

The real issue is that people can still catch you with <2s align. They can also catch you if you are cloaked with a <2s align (dirtying gates).

So here is what I consider is best for LS :
<2s align
2 WCS in case you are pointed
covert cloak for better safety
7.8k EHP, a bit more vs EM. so you are effectively 3-SBBS immune.
38m signature. so they need 2133 scan res to lock you under 1s.

fit
[Astero, LS transport]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Damage Control II
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I

Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

two remaining rigs for whatever you want. Just nothing that increases the signature, that could kill you. So no hyper, no shield rig, basically you can fit cargohold rigs (you don’t care about your armor),or trimark for a bit more tank . trimark would be my choice. I reach 8.9 k EHPwith those and perfect skills.

It’s a bit of a paranoid fit, because ultra locker are not present that much in LS (because they lose tank and die to turrets). But better be safe than a KM…

in NS it’s very different. The best thing is to use a scout. Since you need bubble immunity, only inties are worth it. Also ultralocker will be present and will kill your 2s align.

here is my advice

fit
[Ares, NS 7.6k]
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Warp Core Stabilizer I

EM Ward Amplifier II

2 Likes

thanks for the fittings!

for the astero:
wouldn’t it make sense to have another warp core stabilizer onboard for a +3 strength?
(skip the nanofiber and have another low friciton rig as you can’t place anything interesting there anyway)

or even have only stabilizer in the lows for +4? (which still got me 6.8k ehp with a trimark rig)

another question regarding SBs:
should i use only passive shield resistance amps as the gatecampers will just fire up their BS the moment they see a +1 in local and i might not be able to activate active shield hardeners in time?

would an align time of under 1s make me untargetable and therefore invulnerable except for SBs in lowsec?
because i searched around more and found a (quite expensive, but manageable) hecate fitting (with additional EM-705 implant) which would reach 7.8 AU/s (3 T2 hyperspat rigs), and still have 11.5k ehp with 2 t2 med shield extenders and 2 em ward amp

it only makes sense if the gatecampers have long-range scramblers with remotesebos. Most will only have long point because covering eg top+bot of gate already costs 2 pointers, + 2 remote sebo + 2 RR and it’s already a lot of costs. But anyhow if they can double scram you, they will have enough points on you that WCS won’t save you.

AFAIK I never found ultra lockers in another place than Tama in LS. But I may be wrong.

no, you can use active. I just prefer passive so it’s something less to think of (and forget).
The SB BS will have cloaky eyes on the gate you come from, and will use their SB when you land on them (you are NOT immune to SB when you are in warp)

Yes. The hecate can do this. A shuttle can do this. a pod can do this.

All in all it’s up to you.

but couldn’t they just fire them up regardless and if they stand right next to the gate hit me with it while i just jump in? (i’m just cloaked on entry, not invulnerable)
it feels like the jump animation sometimes finishes way after i’m already in another system …

regardless of what ?

Just to be sure : the SB BS are not on the gate you enter the system, but on the gate you exit the system.
They use a SB because they know you warp to the gate they are camping, and can shoot you the moment you land.
The best way to evade this is to not go straight from the origin gate, but instead bounce to a celestial, or better an on-grid ping. If you warp to a ping, they can’t reposition themselves to intercept you, even if you are not cloaked, unless your ping is obvious and they hve a BM to that ping.

1 Like

ah, thank you for this clarification!
i always thought they just wait at the place where i enter the system and just fire the SBs off

edit:
(and now i’m curious: why are they not doing this? seems more efficient to just stay in one place and continuosly spam SBs and hit everyone who enters the system)

sorry for the dumb question - i just googled this and found out that the position after a jump is random within a 20km sphere surrounding the gate

still … with enough people there you could probably make a grid of BS covering the whole area - but then you would need quite a few bs to do so

In general SB traps are laid on constellation gates. Those are the ones above or below the planetary plane. These are very often out of D-Scan range from all the other celestials. The trap is laid towards a well traveled gate in the system. Basically they SB the spot you land on when warping to their gate. If you travel a route fairly often it is good practice to have bookmarks on the gate grid in a random direction. SBing an entire gate spawn sphere is not impossible, but pretty much requires Titan hulls. Go to Delve for first hand experience of this.

Using shield extenders to buffer hp also increases your sig radius. If it’s the only option, using a pair of smaller units instead of a single larger one will significantly reduce the bloom of your sig radius.

Thinking outside the box, you could use a Covops as your travel hull and have a Blops bridge you home to Nulsec once you reach a convenient Losec system within range. All you need at the far end is a friend with a cyno.

nullified interceptors are the best option for travel if you don’t need to carry much.

For the low price of only 1 billon isk, I can give you a solid 8.6k interceptor fit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.