Need advices before creating alts

Hi all.

Thanks to the present promotion on the packs ( on amazon for those interested) I am the happy owner of 4 training certificate. So i can now use the two remaining spots on my main.

Question : what to do with them ?

My main is a faction warfare character doing exploration on the side. Trouble is : my main can’t go to slaver and capitalist spaces.

I was thinking to do a trader/hauler alt and maybe another industry alt ( Rens nd Hek have several item shortages so better make my own stuff and contribute to the general economy). But I guess industry is a game in the long haul needing a lot of skills itself, should i give up the idea and just concentrate on the trader/hauler ?

Now that eve-mon is down, is there any website allowing to foresee skill and training ?

Since my objective is hauling ships ( to blow them up after in pvp) and probably move the production of my industry, better go for training for big industrial but balancing it with the need to train support skills what can I hope to reach ?

I guess +3 implants are a no brainer. Using neural remap are worth the case here, no ?

Lots of questions so thanks for reading them until here and thanks for yours advices,

1 Like

Having a out of corp jita trader or hauler will help in times of war, PI alts are great for making extra isk I think you can make a bil a month per fully trained PI alt in general, you could always make a usable alt on a seperate account and fly multiple toons at the same time great for ratting/mininig/pvp/cynoing/scouting options are endless man good luck with your choice :].

In general 1 main active char per account with the rest of the slots for passive activities are best.

I think Evemon should still work, at least till May.

Hauler + trade skills is a great start for an alt. You can adjust and set up your orders, swap characters and go pvp, then when you go to convert LP contract the goods to your trade character and put up orders. Trade orders can stay up for 90 days so it doesn’t need a ton of attention. There’s a lot of different things that are worth training here, remaps can be useful. Int/mem for some support skills, should at least fit a basic tank to avoid low effort ganks. per/wp for the hauler skill, and wp/charisma/mem for the trade skills.

A very basic t1 industrial character is a very quick train. Mostly just need mass production and advanced mass production can get 10 build slots quickly. T1 stuff takes pretty much no skills to build. The next step would be to train the science skills to be able to invent and build t2 stuff, my basic t2 build alts are mostly in the 5-7mil SP range, and there are other more specialized builds that will require more SP. Almost all the industry stuff is int/mem or mem/int so a remap can make a lot of sense. I went mem/int to do the industry skills and then used a bonus remap to go int/mem for the Science skills on my characters.

1 Like

There are a lot of good options to choose from:

• Trade/Hauling
  • Mining - not for all
  • Planetary Interaction (PI) - nice passive income
  • Sansha Incursion(s)
  • Industry (Manufacturing, Research and Invention) - may require too much time and a lot of investment

Having 3 accounts myself, with 3 “mains” and 6 alts in total, while they are mostly specialized in various fields, however one thing is common among them all and that is PI. They are all trained with about 2.5m SP in Planetary Interaction. With just 2 characters I’m making about 1 bn ISK/month producing P4 Products, try imagine how much I would be able to get by utilizing all of my 9 characters.

As your main is in FW/Lowsec, my suggestion would be along the lines of Trade/Hauling, Incursions and/or PI. If you want to invest a bit more into your alts you could train them to do multiple of what I listed above :wink:

1 Like

Hi

Having a PvE / market / hauler alt is a gigantic boon. Mine can PvE for factions, haul some stuff, and do decent at trading. All of which lets me better play on my other toons. As far as particular markets go, there really is no replacement for Jita, Caldari Navy faction in particular. Then you go with whatever you want. I went with Gallente as 2nd because faction grinding for it balances out the caldari and while doing both I get derived standings for Amarr and Min.

And just FYI, yes you will lose standings while doing this, but you lose a lot less then you gain, so you jsut go back and forth until both are high. Avoid doing missions against navy / fleet NPCs, those will hurt your standings badly enough to completely nullify any gains you get.

So you have a very right idea about having a neutral trading / hauling alt. Then, or simoultaneously, train it for some PvE, can’t go wrong with Gila, Loki, Tengu, Rattlesnake. So just pick one and go for it.

Neural remap is very much worth it. And implants, as an alpha you are limited to +3s, omega can go into +5s and also use boosters. Boosters will speed up your training around 20-25% ish of the time total. You can either do the events yourself or just buy them.

1 Like

You could always enroll them in PIpe Bombers 'R Us to help Pipe Bomb CODE when they run their ganks in High Sec. Alts would be great to use.

1 Like

Thanks for your advices, i looked into Planetary Interaction and indeed it seems a good way to build something and once it works it isn’t time consuming.

I looked into Evemon and indeed it was needed. There are a few “false friends” skills. For instance in game planetary interaction category is said to be int/mem whereas Command Center Upgrades and Interplanetary Consolidation are charisma / intelligence.

So next questions :

• Any example around of skills queues with neural remaps ? Like readymade skill plans ?

• Is there any spreadsheet around with all the skills available and their attributes ( to notice the “false friends” not having the attributes indicated in game for their category)

• Is there a way for Evemon to reorganize my skill queue ? There is an option to reorganize them by name etc but i didn’t find any option to “make the best order possible to gain sp”.

• Is there a way to ask Evemon to optimize with 3 neural remaps ? There is an option ( “Optimize attributes” / second choice) for one remap, another for those we added manually ( “Optimize attributes” / first choice) but Evemon don’t move them for best use. Did i miss something ?

Thanks again for your advices and help in the impressive but complex game,

Ok i give it a try. What do you think of this skill plan for an hauler (prowler) / trader / PI Alt ?

Did I forget any essential skills ? Does something seems absurd to you ?

I tried to maximise the remaps to in a first time have some decent tank with the wreather and be able to start tinkering with PI.

What do you think ? Any remap that look non-essential ( compared to a skill injector for instance ) ?

Skill Plan

Remapping (active) : i27 p17 c17 w17 m21

1. Hull Upgrades IV (1 day, 5 hours, 34 minutes, 2 seconds)
  2. Hull Upgrades V (6 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes, 28 seconds)
  3. Cloaking I (35 minutes, 42 seconds)
  4. Shield Operation II (27 minutes, 44 seconds)
  5. Shield Operation III (2 hours, 36 minutes, 47 seconds)
  6. Shield Operation IV (14 hours, 47 minutes, 1 second)
  7. Mechanics IV (14 hours, 47 minutes, 1 second)
  8. Mechanics V (3 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes, 44 seconds)
  9. Shield Management II (1 hour, 23 minutes, 10 seconds)
  10. Shield Management III (7 hours, 50 minutes, 24 seconds)
  11. Shield Management IV (1 day, 20 hours, 21 minutes, 4 seconds)
  12. Shield Management V (10 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes, 12 seconds)
  13. Remote Sensing I (5 minutes, 57 seconds)
  14. Remote Sensing II (27 minutes, 44 seconds)
  15. Remote Sensing III (2 hours, 36 minutes, 47 seconds)
  16. Planetology I (17 minutes, 51 seconds)
  17. Planetology II (1 hour, 23 minutes, 10 seconds)
  18. Planetology III (7 hours, 50 minutes, 24 seconds)
  19. Planetology IV (1 day, 20 hours, 21 minutes, 4 seconds)
  20. Advanced Planetology I (29 minutes, 45 seconds)
  21. Advanced Planetology II (2 hours, 18 minutes, 37 seconds)
  22. Advanced Planetology III (13 hours, 4 minutes)
  23. Advanced Planetology IV (3 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes, 7 seconds)
  24. Remote Sensing IV (14 hours, 47 minutes, 1 second)
  25. Cloaking II (2 hours, 46 minutes, 20 seconds)
  26. Cloaking III (15 hours, 40 minutes, 48 seconds)
  27. Jury Rigging I (11 minutes, 54 seconds)
  28. Jury Rigging II (55 minutes, 27 seconds)
  29. Jury Rigging III (5 hours, 13 minutes, 35 seconds)
  30. Astronautics Rigging I (17 minutes, 51 seconds)
  31. Astronautics Rigging II (1 hour, 23 minutes, 10 seconds)
  32. Astronautics Rigging III (7 hours, 50 minutes, 24 seconds)
  33. Astronautics Rigging IV (1 day, 20 hours, 21 minutes, 4 seconds)
  34. Capacitor Management IV (1 day, 20 hours, 21 minutes, 4 seconds)
  35. Industry II (29 minutes, 52 seconds)
  36. Industry III (2 hours, 48 minutes, 50 seconds)
  37. Industry IV (15 hours, 55 minutes, 15 seconds)
  38. Industry V (3 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes, 43 seconds)
    Remapping (active) : i17 p21 c17 w27 m17
  39. Minmatar Industrial IV (1 day, 19 hours, 45 minutes, 49 seconds)
  40. Minmatar Industrial V (15 days, 14 minutes, 52 seconds)
  41. Transport Ships I (35 minutes, 42 seconds)
  42. Transport Ships II (2 hours, 46 minutes, 20 seconds)
  43. Transport Ships III (15 hours, 40 minutes, 48 seconds)
  44. Transport Ships IV (3 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes, 8 seconds)
  45. Broker Relations I (12 minutes, 30 seconds)
  46. Broker Relations II (58 minutes, 13 seconds)
  47. Broker Relations III (5 hours, 29 minutes, 16 seconds)
  48. Broker Relations IV (1 day, 7 hours, 2 minutes, 45 seconds)
  49. Broker Relations V (7 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes, 15 seconds)
  50. Retail I (12 minutes, 30 seconds)
  51. Retail II (58 minutes, 13 seconds)
  52. Retail III (5 hours, 29 minutes, 16 seconds)
  53. Retail IV (1 day, 7 hours, 2 minutes, 45 seconds)
  54. Retail V (7 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes, 15 seconds)
  55. Trade III (1 hour, 55 minutes, 3 seconds)
  56. Trade IV (15 hours, 31 minutes, 22 seconds)
  57. Trade V (3 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes, 37 seconds)
    Remapping (active) : i17 p17 c27 w17 m21
  58. Social I (6 minutes, 15 seconds)
  59. Contracting I (6 minutes, 15 seconds)
  60. Contracting II (29 minutes, 7 seconds)
  61. Contracting III (2 hours, 44 minutes, 37 seconds)
  62. Contracting IV (15 hours, 31 minutes, 22 seconds)
  63. Social II (29 minutes, 7 seconds)
  64. Social III (2 hours, 44 minutes, 37 seconds)
  65. Social IV (15 hours, 31 minutes, 22 seconds)
  66. Daytrading I (5 minutes, 57 seconds)
  67. Daytrading II (27 minutes, 44 seconds)
  68. Daytrading III (2 hours, 36 minutes, 47 seconds)
  69. Accounting I (17 minutes, 51 seconds)
  70. Accounting II (1 hour, 23 minutes, 10 seconds)
  71. Accounting III (7 hours, 50 minutes, 24 seconds)
  72. Accounting IV (1 day, 20 hours, 21 minutes, 4 seconds)
  73. Accounting V (10 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes, 12 seconds)
  74. Marketing I (17 minutes, 51 seconds)
  75. Marketing II (1 hour, 23 minutes, 10 seconds)
  76. Wholesale I (23 minutes, 48 seconds)
  77. Wholesale II (1 hour, 50 minutes, 52 seconds)
  78. Wholesale III (10 hours, 27 minutes, 12 seconds)
  79. Wholesale IV (2 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes, 5 seconds)
  80. Interplanetary Consolidation I (25 minutes)
  81. Interplanetary Consolidation II (1 hour, 56 minutes, 25 seconds)
  82. Interplanetary Consolidation III (10 hours, 58 minutes, 34 seconds)
  83. Interplanetary Consolidation IV (2 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes, 30 seconds)
  84. Command Center Upgrades I (25 minutes)
  85. Command Center Upgrades II (1 hour, 56 minutes, 25 seconds)
  86. Command Center Upgrades III (10 hours, 58 minutes, 34 seconds)
  87. Command Center Upgrades IV (2 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes, 30 seconds)

25 unique skills, 87 skill levels; Total time: 109 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes, 58 seconds; Completion: 2018-07-13 08:32:10 UTC; Cost: 78,270,000 ISK
N.B. Skill costs are based on CCP’s database and are indicative only

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.