Nerf Ganking Megathread

Am I the only one who posts on their main?

Yes.

Doubt.

Every knows that everyone… everyone…posts with forum alts on the EvE online forums.

No exceptions. Anyone that says otherwise is a lying filthy ganker that kicks (insert small animal here) and pushes ol’ grannies out into traffic, IRL.

While I just kill annoying small damaging rodents instead of kicking them and there are some little old ladies where I work that I would not miss, I still post with my main.

1 Like

You lying monster!

No, this is my main.

No you are not the only one, this is now my main.

Posting on your main is kind of important imo, it keeps you from turning into something you don’t like.

1 Like

“Now we understand each other”.

2 Likes

Which includes mine. As someone who is still a relative noob…I’d have left Eve some months ago if there was zero highsec ganking and thus zero threat. Even as I write this, I have a Praxis parked in Lituria, wondering if I should make the trip past your gankers in Isanamo. Eight of you guys could beat it. The risk is exciting. Being able to just stroll down to Dodixie with zero risk would be boring.

2 Likes

short and simple: yes!

I meet a friend that is asking a refund on ccp because of that…

all is good in eve

Or maybe they playing an 0pen world PvP game?

Amazing.

Now the truth comes out. Just bitter and crying.

Got it :smiley:

Hi Gix, you’ve returned! (That should liven things up…)

Ah, Gix, back to square bashing the noobs into shape :slight_smile:

Hey Gix,

Welcome back!

Nowhere on the main game site does it say Eve is an open world PVP game…it is how you see the game…go ahead double check it, eveonline.com is the address in case you forgot what forum you are on.

No one is too big to cry. But remember as stated in FanFest new player experience they realize ganking is an issue and it is actively being worked on… Enjoy it while it last because change is coming.

JJ

I think your belief in gankers funds is a little too high. Most are alpha accounts…they are freeloading the game. Some do pay, I have seen stealth bomber gankers on zkill and that is legit. But to say ganking makes up anything significant would be an overstatement. I guess all colors will show when InterBus currency hits. It will be easier to tell who in the game is alpha or omega beyond the ship they are flying.

JJ

This is at odds with the complaints about gankers multi boxing.

3 Likes

Where did you draw this conclusion from?

Actually, that isn’t quite true. EVE is far more than just a pvp game, however the open world PVP nature of EVE is backed up in statements by CCP.

They clearly state it for example in the New Player FAQ that can be downloaded from CCP’s CDN:

Section 7 covers PVP and it opens with a pretty clear statement:

Screenshot_20220617_194502

6 Likes

Ah…you must be the sort who needs a chess board to say ’ this is a board game ’ somewhere on it.

1 Like

Mr. Artelius,

How dare you use facts, and evidence, and icky logic against his frail and emotionally subjective view of what EvE is. The 30 seconds he spent coming to his conclusions have been instantaneously dashed against the cold, hard and unfeeling wall of objective truth.

You’re such an unfeeling monster.

3 Likes