Nerf Ganking Megathread

Thank you. That’s the best compliment I’ve received in ages.

2 Likes

If you go in with strong believes like ‘you are destroying the game by making players quit!!’-narrative, it disqualifies you when you clearly state in just one sentence that you have zero idea about ganking.

People will rightfully laugh at someone making claims like that, and in turn they will angrily huff how the mean gankers derail every discussion with personal attacks. Please go and try to gank something. Even if it is only on paper or the test server. See about the various mechanics involved, what is neede on your end.

You will find it’s not as easy as you make it out and I have seen ‘vets’ fail on very simple things like concord mechanics, gate guns or just a moving venture with a prop mod on.

1 Like

90% of those who take the “go gank a Venture” challenge wind up failing. Of those who succeed, 90% of the rest are unable to gank anything else. Of those who succeed at that, 90% of the remainder are unable to gank sustainably without going bankrupt.

I doubt that new player going to start with a 2-3 accounts to grab the loot after ganking. So with one account is there no reason to gank…

Not eveybody plays for loot.

4 Likes

What do I play for?

2 Likes

@Destiny_Corrupted That One Word You Just Said!

2 Likes

Actually they didn’t, and I defy you to prove it.

“Ganking is unfair because they’re all multiboxing multiple Catalysts!”

“Most of them are also alpha.”

What?

1 Like

Your Profile say’s:
“I’m a mean person and I don’t care about your feelings.”
May God have mercy on your soul.

Help us understand why we should validate feelings.

Feelings are subjective, and ever changing.

■■■■ I don’t even care about my own feelings half the time.

2 Likes

EVE is a brutal game. Feelings just get you popped.

2 Likes

Feeling vengeful can be a good motivator though if paired with the proper mindset…

:wink:

3 Likes

But not…
Moby-Dick - Wikipedia

bortaS bIr jablu’DI’ reH QaQqu’ nay’ :wink:

Nah I’d rather just they removed guns from the game and pvp altogether.

Then this game is clearly not for you.

No it’s clearly not for people who want pvp.

If they banned pvp then people could sell weapons in peace. That’s exactly the way the game was intended.

1 Like

With no reason for weapons, why buy them?

People spinning their ships in stations. Ovp isn’t needed or wanted in eve online.