Nerf Ganking Megathread

But how do they know which targets those are until they are ganked?

Taking bots out, do you think theres anything wrong with this ganking?

I’m not in any way arguing against gankers. Im saying that the huge element of the ganking community who do it for no other reason than to bully are not contributing positively to the game in any way. (Because salt mining is just bullying)

FYI the term analogy that has been spontaneously tossed around on this thread really is not helping either side.

The gankers don’t really care about botting. If they cared about botting they would be invading frat space.

But yes removing bots from the game in every area of space is a positive thing. The reality is that many of the mining bots are also ganking on the side to protect their profits.

They don’t they blow you all up and pay dirt is the chat reactions. They gank a lot of people a day. They aren’t likely to remember you specifically unless you give them a reason to.

We arent talking about botting. We are talking about ganking

Do you think its ok for one corp to gank another corp out of a belt they wish to mine in?

Yes absolutely. That’s part of the game.

But wouldnt that turn sour if the one being ganked started being salty and accused the ganking mining corp of bullying?

Blowing up someone’s ship isn’t bullying. It might get uncomfortable if someone gets upset. However many gankers will explain why the person got ganked even if it’s just you are in my space join the corp or it will happen again.

Who exactly? If it’s a huge element it should be easy to outline the characters involved.

You are missing the question.

A corp is mining a belt.

Another corp comes in.

First corp ganks second corp. Salt ensues.

Second corp reports first for bullying because salt was mined.

Who is right?

Not when you sign a waiver it isn’t, no. When you’re using a proprietary service (i.e. this video game), “bullying” is what the owners of the service decide it is, and not what you think it is. If the owners of the service say that blowing up another player and then taunting them about it afterward isn’t bullying, then it’s not bullying. Just like smack-talking your MMA opponent and then punching them in the mouth repeatedly isn’t bullying; both parties consented to the interaction.

1 Like

The corp that ganked is in the right. There is nothing about that situation that adds up to bullying. The GM would do nothing.

So when you say that salt mining is bullying and gankers salt mine, what exactly do you mean other than trying to het a reaction after a gank?

Bullying as defined by the terms in of service and by reasonable thinking people can be too seperate things. Also plenty of what I have described as bullying is reported in game. The only ones that know if anything is done about it based on their interpretation of the rules is CCP.

Salt mining is specifically people who gank to get an upset reaction in chat. It isn’t limited to gankers it is also performed by mission baiters. It’s the act of trying to get a rise out of someone who isn’t capable of keeping their cool and then winding them up further when they react.

Great! Sounds like you agree that what you define to be “salt mining” isn’t bullying, because the EULA already covers and protects against what CCP defines to be bullying, and players who engage in what you define as “salt mining” aren’t getting punished for it, which means that they’re not bullying according to the EULA. We can now end this debate.

1 Like

Yeah so what if in the mining corp example, one of the ganked pilots loses his cool.
Wasnt he provoked by the gank?

I think demagogy would be much more fitting. :smirk: Though I don’t mind either way as am just watching the usual stuff with amazement and enjoy the show. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smiling_imp: :popcorn: