My definition of suicide ganking: high-sec non-consensual pvp trolliing. It’s basically abusing the spirit and intent of the game mechanics regarding high-sec space. I understand EVE leaves room for bad sportsmanship and i respect the need to leave room for it to make things more challenging and suspenseful, but i dont think it should be encouraged. It should really be suicide. It’s broken because there’s no counter or checks and balances to it. And it is actually encouraged and profitable.
Solutions: instead of keeping it profitable or on the other hand removing it, make it very, very, very expensive.
If someone’s blingy mission Machariel gets cheap-shotted by 15 catalysts the mission runner may not cancel his/her subscription and remove the eve app from his/her computer if the ganker:
- Has to pay the full value or even the insurance payout of the ganked ship or gets the amount subtracted into negative isk
- Cannot increase their isk balance by any means for a week
- Gets held down for free shots by getting labeled a terrorist and being unable to stop flashing red, dock, and log off for a period of time greater than a few days
- Cannot enter the victimized system for a month.
- Cannot fly destroyers or battle-cruisers for a year
More suggestions on making it suck to be a suicide ganker, and not suck to be a mission runner welcome!