Nerf Ganking Megathread

The game already has protected areas for noobs. Nothing new needs to be added. There are in fact 35 systems in which it is a punishable offence to zap noobs under 30 days old. That includes all the starter systems ( such as Bourynes, where I started), agent systems ( such as Trossere ), and SOE systems. So the real issue is that a great many noobs ( and oldbies for that matter ) seem to be totally unaware of this.

1 Like

I think we should clarify here that it’s not all SOE systems. You aren’t for instance safe in Osmon or Langhesi.

I would disagree regarding 11 of those 35 systems. Although it is vague, my interpretation is that you are not allowed to grief rookies running the Sisters of EVE Epic Arc, specifically. As worded:

Given the variety of systems this arc can take place in, players are asked to refrain from any form of griefing to rookie players (30 days old or less) in mission sites and systems associated with the arc. Such griefing involves but is not limited to; destroying, stealing or ransoming mission critical items.

Long story short, it seems they care about making sure rookies can finish the arc and not about protecting random Ventures hitting the Veldspar.

I think the entire mantra of ’ you learn things by losing ships ’ must have been invented by someone who lost a lot of ships and needed an excuse. There’s a little bit of truth in it…of course the loss is bound to have some impact, but mainly it is a cop out because those lessons could have been learned without losing the ship. To my mind, learning via losing the ship is due to laziness.

On the contrary…the ‘pushing oneself’ bit occurs before one ever undocks. It consists of getting the skills and fittings to know that one stands a good chance in any fight. Caution is not a bad thing or a sign of cowardice…it comes recommended by the great general Sun Tzu in The Art Of War. It’s not about never taking risks…its about being ready to do so.

I think when your general wrote that he wasn’t envisioning the advice being applied to a computer game where ships have more in common with ammo than anything else.

Look at ganking, the ships are literally used like Caldari navy antimatter. They are a calculated cost of getting the kill you want.

Sure if sitting in station and watching YouTube videos about what can kill what is how you prefer to learn. You do you.

It is not however the only or the intrinsically right way to learn.

Lions are lazy and theyre cool

The relevant systems are listed here. Gosh, I just noticed that Hek, which I regularly pass through on the way to Amarr, is one of them. It’s a 0.5 system.

Hey guys
Guys

Guise

Hey guys

Can anyone else see The Holy Ghost or is it just me?

I have more than one:

:wink:

you seem to be very confused. Im not you and as such I dont berate or verbally assault people in local. you are never calm or polite in local. You show up, make yourself known as impolitely as possible and start shooting random miners simply because you can. your entire purpose is to ruin the game for as many people as you can and you make sure you verbally assault as many of them as you can along the way. Youve even been banned for a few days as proof to your behavior. Try being honest for a change.

As for Winstons poll perhaps CCP should make an official Poll for the players to vote on and see what the community really wants.

If you can’t win… cheat.

it is important to show the errors in private polling. as previously stated and even stated in that screenshot, ccp should do an official in house poll that cant be cheated on.

How? You should check my corp.

Between 2 and 5 members of my corp are not my alts.

1 Like

Well, it’s pretty clear who is cheating so… that more or less resolves the discussion. You’re like the GOP. You can’t win on your platform so you try and rig the system.

are we even allowed to discuss real world politics ? that seems a little bit of a stretch either way. I dont control what that other players does if they so choose to cheat thats on them :slight_smile:

/

Friendly fire on or off?

Whats the problem? One Account, one vote. No alphas of course, just paying members.

The question is: CCP is for sure aware of the concept of having user votes, they could easily implement a monthly vote about anything and reward participation with SP, Skins or whatever. A global player vote about ganking would be interesting at least. But they have decided not to implement such votes, for their own reasons.

1 Like

What do you think?

So… Two accounts, two votes? Yes? Isnt the number of players supposed to be relevent in these things?

You are in delirium. All speaks are the fake. Wow.
you seem to be very confused - I am not
I dont berate or verbally assault people in local - You are
you are never calm or polite in local - Miners said hello and I said good morning or afternoon at first time
You show up, make yourself known as impolitely as possible - I kept silent and you yelled and cursed me harsh so I replied.
Youve even been banned for a few days as proof to your behavior - I had never got banned. Ever in EVE history

You are such a green eyed monster doth mock. Simply an exclamation just pops. You are such a genious pretendor.

2 Likes

Sure. 20 (Omega)Accounts, 20 Votes. You pay 20times the price and have 20 Accounts potentially influenced by mechanics, balancing or whatever. Tracking of individual real people would a) be far too much effort, b) could be circumvented anyway by smart users and c) could be in some contries even legally problematic. So I personally see no other way then to bind it to the account. CSM Votes or LoginRewards work the same way, right?

But I don’t think that is that much of a problem, for every ganker that has 3 or 5 or 10 accounts, there is for sure an Industrialist with the same number of accounts.

1 Like