Nerf Ganking Megathread

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her lie…
Not even once

Your explicit consent is not required. This is a representative democracy, and your representatives have voted for me, in your best interest.

2 Likes

Start here:

I’m unclear on how that is a lie

It’s not a lie.

This is a video game where players create their own governments. We’ve created one, and I was elected to the highest office in the galaxy. I never wanted to rule Highsec, but it’s my birthright and my inheritance, and it’s my duty to serve the people.

3 Likes

I have no representatives. And this is not the place for role play. And Aiko is definitely not in my best interest, or anyone else save maybe herself. The high security area in the EVE universe is not a representative democracy, nor does it contain one that is actually functional. It would not even make sense lore wise. There are four empires, and their borders extend beyond hi sec space, and their governments are all different.

Its all lies.

She even contridicts herself first claiming this imaginary position was won by vote, then saying its by birthrate.

Now who is the roleplayer. hmmmm?

1 Like

Is this a catch all thread for EVERYTHING ganking, or a catch all thread for everything about nerfing ganking?

I trust Shipwreck_Jones to do what he can to deliver us to the truth.

What’s the truth?

1 Like

No… I did not assume that you came down in the last rain downpour.

I appreciate your confidence in me, but I don’t have all the answers. Don’t get me wrong, I do honestly believe that ganking is balanced in favor of prey, and that you can easily reduce your chances of being ganked to damn near zero if you know what you are doing, but that doesn’t change the fact that many, many players feel like ganking is unbalanced and oppressive.

So, how do you handle that? In fact, assume for the sake of argument that I am right. Assume that the threat of ganking can effectively be neutralized with proper risk management strategies, but that a large portion of the player base still believes that ganking is balanced in favor of the ganker, and that it needs to be nerfed (or outright removed from the game). How do you address that? Do you:

• nerf ganking?
  • buff anti-ganking?
  • buff prey?
  • provide educational resources on proper risk management strategies?
  • change the fundamental nature of HS ganking in some way that makes people perceive it as being more fair?
  • do you let them get frustrated and leave?

…or, do you wage a war of ideas on the forums, and feel like you’re making some headway… until you get linked a reddit thread that makes you realize that you’re an idiot that has essentially done nothing to convince the wider play base.

What is the truth? Does it matter? The lie that everyone believes is more powerful than the truth that is rejected.

Sigh, I’m going to make a video on this topic. Hopefully, I can make a persuasive argument that can reach a much wider audience than the forums. But I haven’t exactly been putting up impressive numbers with my videos as of late, and there is no shortage of people who are invested in the lie.

Whatever. I’m not going to give up without a fight.

5 Likes

I never meant to imply that you did. What I am saying is that you will try to get the right answers, and futher try to deliver them honestly. That’s all.

But I am still asking what this thread is for exactly.

BTW, I will be looking for your videos!

Ok, it looks like Shipwreck has determined TRUTH. Let’s see what it is…

Well, there you have it. @Ridley_Rohan @DeMichael_Crimson the TRUTH is finally out.

1 Like

Yellow would look great on you.

1 Like

There, fixed that for you.

Nice try Aiko.

But Aiko, If you are really interest I can sell you a TRUTH Permit. It goes without saying that I can make special condition for the Queen of Hi-Sec. Let’s say 100m for the the first 3 month followed by the typical 20m/month (To keep TRUTH always up to date).

1 Like

Sorry, Ridley already proclaimed Shipwreck Jones as the determinator of TRUTH. It’s just too late, you missed your chance.

1 Like

It seems to me that without her you would have a heck of a lot less to dwell upon. You are against ganking and she represents ganking. Without her you would be greatly diminished, have less to do and your alarmist pronouncements would have a lot less impact without someone everyone can recognize.
Face it, she is the source of your credibility, and more than all of those who suddenly seem to be worshiping her, it’s you who needs her the most.
You know what?
You should ask her out, you two would make an explosive couple.
Don’t forget flowers, and maybe a nice bottle of chianti to go with the fava beans.

1 Like

Please, stop. I cant breath with all the laughter.

Mmm, no. You missed the chance. Just be careful to not be found with contraband TRUTH. We don’t want something bad to happen to you.

Just tell her how you feel.

/me side-eyes, draws 2 inches of sword

1 Like