Nerf Ganking Megathread

It isn’t :smiley:

Yep!

Well to add at least one number, the total of all destruction in highsec (so not just ganking, and not even just PvP) was 8% of overall destruction according to the latest MER, so it’s unlikely to be significant in the grand scheme of things.

I think that ganking could either be removed entirely (and potentially replaced with freighter fuel, though personally I think the slow travel time is enough) or could be limited to only larger hulls and it would have little impact on the economy overall.

How much danger does suicide ganking actually pose to those though? And if the issue is that they are too rewarding for the inherent risk then the reward should be lowered.

Yet abyssal runs are not rewarding enough
if you add the risk of getting ganked once you get out its way to risky for the little amount of reward you get
I tried it and i quit immediately

People repeating the same lie 547 times in one thread, as if it became more true if repeated often enough, is what actually damages the game.

You were heard and responded to the first time. Do you have anything new to add ?

That’s a nice opinion you’ve got there rookie.

So what? IS there some rule that says gankers and their little mates are allowed to run around insulting people repeatedly, but everyone else is allowed only speak once?

Do you?

Hey…this ‘rookie’ has destroyed more ISK value in 6 months than you have in 10 years.

As you clearly don’t have anything new or of value to add, I’m off to actually play Eve. Try it some time !

Other people have run various numbers on either zKill data (here in the forums) or – if they’re a ganker – personal ganking stats (videos, blogs, etc). Whatever the underlying bias of the dataset, a common general theme I’ve seen is that the main people who get ganked are those who have been playing in the 6-12 months range, and a theory I have is it is because:

1. They never learned how to avoid getting ganked as a newbie; and
  2. 6-12 months is just enough time to acquire a non-negligible amount of assets; and
  3. Combining the two above, they foolishly tried to haul a significant portion of their assets without any steps to mitigate the gank risk.

There is also the “day 1” data anomaly because someone spins up an alt and goes straight to jita and packs a silly ship with PLEX or LSI. It’s impossible to know whether the player that does this is actually a newbie, but most people are usually inclined to think “no”.

Whatever Lucas has to say about the above, is going to be contrarian. And not constructive to the dialog.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 18.11.05

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: No you haven’t. You’ve got some hits in on some structures to pump your stats and that’s pull your number on a third party website above the number of my main industrialist. The fact that you think that’s even an argument categorically proves you’re a rookie.

Already am, have been all day. Hurry up.

Where have you seen this? For the most part this data doesn’t get run because it’s difficult to get particularly since zkillboard doesn’t count solo ganks as ganks, so you only tend to get larger ship ganks.

When it does get run it doesn’t show that. A couple of years back Scipio (very much pro ganking) produced this for Aikos kills for example:

Of course it you’re posting misinformation then I’m going to be contrarian in your eyes. And of course it won’t be constructive when you only consider views to be constructive if you agree with them.

It had been stated by the company that drinking redbull while gaming improves mental capability so perhaps the answer to Nerf Ganking is in the can?

See now all he ever seems to say is

:rofl: I’m betting he wouldn’t appreciate Scipio’s analysis on all of Safety.

It was 12-24 months in that graph not 6-12, which makes it even less of a newbie thing.

1 Like

Macgybo did an analysis of his own kills at Perimiter/Jita…about 15% were ‘1 day old’ noobs, but then he only attacks ships over several hundred million in ISK, and what are the chances that a genuine 1 day old noob is carrying 1bn ISK skill injectors.

As with your own analysis…most of those ganked were in the 1-2 year old range, and were simply complacent. And amazingly he ganks oldbies carrying PLEX, when no-one needs to carry PLEX.

Please remain on topic as it would be a shame to have to close a highly discussed subject due to some overstepping the rules :grinning:

ISD Bahamut

Most of us have been begging for you to do so for weeks now

2 Likes

Quite frankly, there hasn’t been a discussion for a long while. Myself and others have been targeted by the forum meta-game and I really don’t care if I get banned from the forums for calling out behavior that actively tanks the community discussion.

Cause I’ll still log onto Eve anyway and play.

3 Likes

ROFL. So your solution is simply just nerfing things?

Figures :smiley:

If you played, you’d know how much people gank abyss runners, because it is high profit :smiley:

Probably because you were running them in Jita :smiley:

So drop your combat pilots :smiley:

Out of curiosity, where the line on personal attacks? Is there a limit to how many times you’re allowed to attack someone or is this just a free-for-all now? Because it kinda seems like anyone who has anything to saying that’s anti-ganking get repeatedly attacked and insulted until they leave the forum, and that in itself doesn’t seem like the way to stoke a decent discussion.

I am more than happy to oblige! :rofl:

Now, let’s do a poll - should this thread be closed?

• Yes, it’s been done to death!
  • No, still many on-topic discussions to go!

0 voters

4 Likes

Thank you

Even if the poll some how goes against proposition 1 thank you for actually putting it up.

Won’t the same thread inevitably show up again though?

Oh, and you may as well close this one too: