New ccp mobile mmo game

So CCP has a bunch of money to just light on fire?, or this a project they give to a person that is going to get fired anyway. So if it fails it’s no big deal, and the one they put on it is leaving soon.

Why CCP keep changing the names? Legion, Nova, Aurora…

All we need is fitting tool on EvE portal.

You can get EVE wallpaper.

You could cut the tie already ages ago.

yup, sounds handsome

Apple? Mobile MMO? Yer, whatever. EVE is dead.

A freaking mobile game? rofl…

Mobile games are a cashcow. Dont know why you guys cant see that it have sense.

But the execution! CCP, the execution!

EVE was a cash cow. Of course, that got squandered on things like Darkness, Dust 514, Valkyrie… Now, if you want some more of my cash - just string together two words: “Drifter” and “Battleship”.

The ongoing misconceptions about the relation of CCP and players of EVE Online is truly fascinating.

At best this is a Constitutional Monarchy, with the CSM, forums, r/EVE its impotent parliament and CCP as the king. CCP is a business. If you want to democratize business you’re asking for a revolution, for a complete change of how nowadays society works. Channels of communication, mutual respect and feedback loops are business practices and are not to be mixed up with anyone owing anyone anything.

Current EVE players might not be the main target group for CCPs mobile undertakings. If they were, CCP would possibly make the mistake (as a business) to limit itself too much and remain “blackmailable” by current EVE players.

CCP announced a vision which includes various different forms of entry into a broader world of EVE under the umbrella of “EVE forever”. If that means to identify new target groups who would potentially never play EVE, but would join another format, I don’t see how that will be bad for us.

1 Like

I would think that a Mobile Game based on DUST 514 or similar aspects would be a gateway for Mobile Players to want to play Eve Online or at least see what Eve Online was all about through the use of an Alpha.

1 Like

I have to give them that, they are trying very much. And they try to make something original…
Only major gripes I ever had was the games in result of bad hardware platforms were even more niche than EVE. They were not impressive overall, but the fail of platforms have dragged them doooown.

1 Like

It might be one of the reasons they’re going to publish based on ARKit

ARKit support coming later tho, so its like they are learning something. At least its about delivering game first on devices with iOS…

As for the game, can it be just a port of that strategy game EVE: war of ascension, just called differently?

Right, because the kind of people who play games primarily on their phones are going to be so attracted by EVE Online. We already had different forms of entry into EVE with Dust 514 and look what happened. They released it on PS3 instead of the platform that people actually play EVE on. PS3 gamers didn’t come flocking to EVE in droves and mobile gamers won’t either. If they’re thinking that they can expand their universe into different formats in the way that Blizzard did with Hearthstone then they’re going to fail, because EVE’s fanbase and general appeal is too small and narrow for that.

As someone who likes EVE Online I hope the company that makes it will enjoy success in the future, but we all know this mobile thing is almost certainly going to flop.

1 Like

DUST had bad matchmaking and the death of console have completely euthanized it.
Valkyrie had bad matchmaking but recensions were a bit better only the VR base failed, CCP pulled the plug even faster…

They are learning something, I only dont know if theyir lifetime will be enough to make a thing more succesfull than EVE, Maybe they have to try all the platforms in the process.:rofl:

I’m glad ‘Dust 514’ and ’ Valkyrie’ will have another friend in the dustbin of history.

2 Likes

Oh dear everliving mother of sweet thukk…

Those people are hopeless.

:facepalm:

CCP announced a vision which includes various different forms of entry into a broader world of EVE under the umbrella of “EVE forever”.

Different EVE Forever than what I remember. The original trailer from years ago showed a combined and fully integrated DUST 514 and EVE (walking in stations). It also came at a time when atmospheric flight had already been demonstrated at EVE Fest.

This isn’t EVE Forever. This is Forever EVE spin-offs that historically continue to end up no-where…

1 Like

What do you think about the possibility that CCP might have decided to give the mobile team a very independent role, so that they don’t have to focus on the current EVE playerbase and can develop without too many constraints?

This might not lead EVE players to play the mobile game and this might not lead the players of the mobile game into EVE. And maybe it’s better to just accept that and not waste energy on trying to please everyone at the same time.

1 Like