(New) Character Creation System is absolute garbage (Pictures inside)

3 Likes

The game have indeed its set of bugs and bad designs, but were not really gamebreaking for me. Its just nothing few patches cant fix eventually. Like crowds reactions or police spawns. But fighting is very good and its a lot better than all the Deus Ex games I think.

It feels like Skyrim considering open worldness, and like Deus Ex considering RP and game mechanics, but the originalDeus Ex one of course improved a lot in skills and progression.

while it was here a point with the different clothing options…

may i sugesst we can have all clothings from all npc factions to all players?
i know the clothings are also a faction style thing but it makes no sense my caldari char from 2 scools cant use the same color jacket^^ and if i am a religios converted minmatar cant use the amarr robe :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s.: and some day all shoes from all times for us also the old high heels from fanfest x years ago with sharp textures pls;)

p.p.s.: for some players its not forgotten CCP promised a place where we can see and use our 3d charmodels in the game (or log in screen?) new opportunities to sell pets for plex and new furniture and paint für the walls :wink:

3 Likes

If you have a Facebook or Google account, you’re already a lab rat for free.

1 Like

o/ Hey Instructor, How are you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, that’s been part of the whole “free” thing for a long time.

In case you haven’t noticed, Eve has always been a Subscription game that only recently has been poisoned with F2P. If PA/CCP wants to play god and run random social experiments whenever their masters need data, then they need to give everyone Omega clone status, and just make the game free.

Doing well, man, and thanks for the shout-out.

1 Like

Not really sure why there is an option for clothes anyway really. I mean, if you are in your pod, you are not wearing anything anyway. Otherwise it would just get soggy. They should do away with the whole clothes option.

1 Like

Heres an idea:

What if the character portrait changed from clothed to unclothed when a character undocks?

I’m hoping this wasn’t an actual A/B test. Using 2 dramatically different versions of something, with multiple aspects being different, is not a legitimate method of A/B testing. It is unlikely to generate anything remotely reliable in terms of user insights.

There is a right way to do user research (or user testing of products and services) and there is a wrong way. If this was in fact an attempt at A/B testing then it sits firmly in the latter. Also, for the record, A/B testing is overrated. Understanding why users do things is considerably more useful in product development than blind quantitative data.

6 Likes

Yes, but… image record…

2 Likes

A good description of the current in game spying mechanic.

@Elsebeth_Rhiannon

I have no idea if this was already mentioned in the thread.

I just noticed that, when a character has no self-written bio …
… the bio-tab is gone.

vOv

Bio tab showing only when there’s something in it is old.

2 Likes

Thanks! I guess that means all the people I’ve looked at had something written in their bios.

Okay so now I’ve found a zero days old player with this:

I strongly doubt he wrote that.

Yes, the new system autofills a bio for you with the new school description.

It’s a relief to be honest. Different amounts of tabs is a PITA when you go through the info of multiple characters.

1 Like

Ah! Interesting! Apparently I’ve been so isolated I’ve got new things to learn. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :smiley: