New character or old charater

Hi All,
It’s been about 6 years since I played Eve Online but I am thinking about returning to the fold.
My question is whether I should continue to use this character, or if it makes more sense to start fresh because of all the changes that have been made?
I have just over 22 mil skill points already invested but not sure if I will want to continue with the character once I start playing again…
Any thoughts/suggestion
Thanks

1 Like

IMO, start fresh with a full new account and enjoy it from the start…

1 Like

Personally, I’d start a new character because…dude…that name. Cool six years ago, maybe. Not any more.

5 Likes

Haha, I take your point! I was much younger when I was using that name lol

Start a new character, extract the skillpoints from the older one and inject them into your new one.

3 Likes

Wait, you can transfer points?? Well that bears looking into!!! Thank you!!

1 Like

to a point, there’s a limit to what you can start pulling SP’s.

just read the info about it before you decide.

1 Like

Ah, think I have a lot of stuff to read to catchup on lol

1 Like

old character, because than you dont have so much catching up to do, eve is old after all.

3 Likes

I agree, no reason to waste time and effort creating a new character when your original character is ready to go. Also why waste money transferring skill points from your old character to a new character?

1 Like

For those characters that have ground any significant standings with factions, I’d definitely lean towards old character as another reason. Personally I’d rather not go through that again… :confounded:

2 Likes

Just so you know, it’ll cost you almost 16b to extract all your sp on your old character to 5m, and you’ll have diminishing returns on the new one after 5m sp. Unless you can’t stand the name or have a shady past I would keep the old one.

2 Likes

I’d start a new character to get used to what EvE is now and keep old character as is just in case.

Once you are confident about the path you want to pursue in Eve - you can look at old character’s skill set and decide what to do with it: extract skillpoints or use it for 2nd window/scout/cyno or something else completely different.

2 Likes

Hmm thank you all for the advice. I’m thinking I will create a new character and run through the tutorial/first part and then decide. If I recall, my old character has good standing with a few factions so it may be worth keeping it anyway. I don’t hate the new as such, I’d love if we could change them! Lol

1 Like

personal i would stick with this char … at least keep it as 2nd char on a 2nd account … you can sub it later but you would lose a lot of history …

welcome back

JuuR

I like the name. Itll be supercool again someday.

There is absolutely no reason to start a new character. the main thing you loose with a new character is time. it takes quite a quile before you can fly anything useful for pve or pvp.

why would you willingly spend a few months just waiting around until you have the skills to actually do what you want to do???

1 Like

I agree 100%.

Also welcome to the community.

If you do decide to start a new character you could always extract and sell all your sp on the old one for a nice nest egg of about 18b or sell him on the bazaar

If you like the race and name you can always adjust the skills. No actually changes would change your skills that much.