New deployable suggestion

I’ve explained numerous times. Repeating myself.

Please reread the stated quote.

I have and it still doesn’t justify it being a bad idea.

Its just replacing what is being done by a bot already. If it makes them move it to their main group of botters then it should make it easier for CCP to see them botting.

Gotta love good o’ Mark.

Now he’s going to say he won :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Won what, your guess is as good as mine.
:trophy:
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

One last attempt to maybe help you out and understand.

Also

This would not make it easier to find bots. The reason being is they would be docked up and players (The ones who report probably 99% of the bots that get banned) would just assume that person is docked or cloaked and has been for some time since they did not see the ratting ship (ishtar usually) out in space.
Also this entire idea would basically kill super hunting. Capital/Super ratting would be infinitely more safe, which if you have a super and rat in it is good, but hardly any would ever die unless in big fleet battles. Which is just dumb.

Bots are doing action X, let’s replace it with a deployable that automates that action for me so I don’t need to rely on bots anymore!

Yes, it’s a bad idea.

But you can blow up that deployable. There is a difference

Does not matter. It would ping before it was destroyed or you would get the ping that it was destroyed. All of your reasoning/arguments are flawed.

Please just give up. The idea is awful and you know it.

1 Like

Yes, but if the deployable wasn’t there you may be able to blow up the ratter, provided he doesn’t immediately warp off and dock up anyway.

It’s pretty much impossible to catch people who are paying attention. Now add a couple of extra minutes of advance warning through this deployable and you remove all content from space.

I can see where this would help solo supers. (Don’t have one yet myself. Damn inflation) but the system to warn super ratters is already in place with said alts. (Letalone save fleets) all im saying is replace the alts with a structure that can be blown up instead of alt toons.

Less alt toons less CCP money, I get it. But considering how much they have f-ed up this game already, a pay cut wouldn’t be a bad thing.

No I think its a great idea and would love to have it in game.

But its still a KM. And its time and isk into the system. Aka adding content. Random alt in space reporting passers by isn’t adding content.

Please just reread this a couple times and understand it. This along with what I keep saying shows why your idea is awful.

Well ill agree to disagree. I think this would be a benefit to alliances to help secure thier space.

Filaments are still a thing. So there are ways to bypass this.

Of course this would benefit alliances to help secure their space.

The point however is that alliances do not need additional help to secure their space as it already is way too easy to secure their space.

you’re taking away a hunters gameplay.

think of all the tears that came when they introduced the anti afk cloaking deployable (that was needed due to no counter play towards them)

there are plenty of reasons however why this deployable does not need to happen.

1. taking away legit gameplay for hunters.
  2. automating something in game, we need less of this ■■■■, not more.
  3. ratters don’t need to be safe in null, you want safety, go to hisec, or hell go to wormhole where there is no local, so they can’t see your ass in local.

How am I taking away from hunters when you can just filament around nullsec?

And how is it taking away from hunters when intell is still reporting them moving about?

Again, its nothing that isn’t already being done. I’m just putting it in a nifty little deployable.

Also, loved that anti cloak deployable.

The anti-cloak deployable was great, it increased the amount of possibilities of interaction between cloaked ships and locals. I’ve had a lot of fun scanning down afk cloaked ships as well as pretending to be an afk cloaked ship to kill whoever showed up to kill me.

Your deployable suggestion does the opposite. Instead of increasing the possibilities of interaction it takes away that possibility by giving nearby players an advance warning of possible future interactions.

Filaments aren’t really relevant. Yes, they can still catch you, but a filament is completely random and can happen at most once every 15 minutes. Most of the travel movements is still by taking gates which would be warned about with these deployables.

filamenting around nullsec is a chance. There isnt a filament that says what system would you like to be yeeted to today?
Sure wormholes, but those arent specific either, its all chance.

Intel is not instant either. Intel is delayed. Your “nifty” deployable makes that intel instant, which kills hunters content.

Slow it down a bit sure, but kill it? I dont think so.

A recommendation:

I assume you know how it is to live in a part of null sec space. Either you kill rats or mine or spend time in your local space for other reasons - which is why you can see why it is good to have more safety.

I challenge you to try a new role: hunting. Either solo or as the front part of a group in the form of a tackle interceptor or covops cyno hunter. It’s a really fun playstyle in my opinion and it also teaches you a lot about how you can rat and mine more safely as you learn what tricks to watch out for.

Once you have some hunting experience, come back to this thread. You might notice some flaws in your suggestion.

1 Like