New Eden Industry Strike!

None of really mining and hard working Indy player sell t1 line ships under material prices… so far builded ships prices under their material prices … I knew it because last week I bought some different class/ race ships Half of their material price … and I need around 30 k more hulls… still…if prices increase this will simply cost our pvp activity 2 times higher… at this moment plex prices are increasing… We would like to initiate players into pvp as early as possible so affordability is crucial… if pvp gets expensive … that induces risk adversity issue even more and risk adversity is one of the biggest issue in eve online …

EVE isn’t a deathmatch shooter game, and loss needs to have more meaning than having to spend a few minutes of your time rebuying and refitting your ship in a hub.

Oh, i get it now.
It’s the “if this bad thing happens, it’ll hurt me, and therefore, surely it must also hurt you too!” argument.

:man_shrugging: no poors?

Here we come down again the different game play styles… EvE for me is PVP … I can’t mine… I tried decade ago… fall asleep 3 times… had been in love with space and ships … awe… but I was about to leave the game and heaven come and someone suicide gang on me… and then I totally changed my direction and find out the pvp aspect of the game … and never come back… if I have to mine and then produce every each ship I explode … I have to work for 6 hours grind to please my 1 min fight… that’s no go… therefor I do appreciate the indies and respect a lot …

So?

You wouldn’t have to mine and produce your own things. You’d just have to pay slightly more to the people who do.

So… people who produce Indy will leave… people like me and other of pvp ers who has zero interest will leave … prices will increase … people has to buy and plex… ? Result ?
Sound to me like loss \ loss

Why would prices increase?

It will be a minor loss for you, and a major gain for manufacturers and transporters.

Because manufacturing operates on economies of scale, if prices increase even by just a few percentage points, industry would become massively profitable.

Think of it this way: right now, I can spend 100 ISK to buy minerals, use them to build a ship, and then sell that ship for 101 ISK. If prices rise because less people are doing manufacturing, then I might be able to sell that ship for 105 ISK. Your cost to buy the ship as a PvPer goes up by only 3.96%, but my profit margin as a manufacturer goes up by 400%.

That’s just an example. If we use real pricing, and start working with prices into the hundreds of millions, or billions of ISK, manufacturing can go from making me 10 million ISK per hour to 50 million ISK per hour; it suddenly becomes a viable profession that can compete with mining, combat PvE, exploration, ganking, etc. Do you understand?

Please tell this guy who open the post about to leave game … you guys raining down here on people with zero emphaty … small Indy like his Corp leave and similar profile people… people who feed the market… will be the big alliances … who will be fed …?

I am consumer… I do prefer to buy from small Indy… and mostly I do buy direct trade local trade center top sell price… so save even from tax ect…

Here we go again with the same argument. Why do you think that it’s only these “small indy” people who stock the markets? Why do you think “big alliances” can’t stock markets? Why do you think players engage in PvP and Industry in a mutually exclusive manner?

I will going to answer you just once. I had read your hundreds of posts in the past in different forums…
I know your way of arguing style and the tactics… and very aware about what are you doing.
You cant run that stuff on me …
Thats all you get from me .

1 Like

As a consumer in EVE, you should have zero concern for whom you’re buying from, and only worry about price.

I laid the details out in my post above. If some industrial players go on strike, or leave the game, or switch to other activities, prices might rise by a few percentage points. As a consumer, you would barely feel this impact, but for the remaining industrialists, the gains in profits would be huge.

If you truly care about the industrial players in this game, you would support there being less of them, because they would actually be able to make a decent living.

SIMPLE … You have no such entitlement that tell me or either anyone else what " SHOULD I DO" … What should i care… in this game . this is MY game play … and so far i know so many similair minded people i met in this game over a decade…

if i need something i ask first people in my corp if they alts can fulfill it then next acquaintances . then if they dont have capacity go for outsourcing… And I decide who will going to supply and make profit over it.
oki??

Absolutely.

> gets asked a simple question
> doesn’t have an answer
> “You cant run that stuff on me …”

lol, okay

The Logic of Collective Action

This book develops an original theory of group and organizational behavior that cuts across disciplinary lines and illustrates the theory with empirical and historical studies of particular organizations. Applying economic analysis to the subjects of the political scientist, sociologist, and economist, Mancur Olson examines the extent to which the individuals that share a common interest find it in their individual interest to bear the costs of the organizational effort.

The theory shows that most organizations produce what the economist calls “public goods”—goods or services that are available to every member, whether or not he has borne any of the costs of providing them. Economists have long understood that defense, law, and order were public goods that could not be marketed to individuals, and that taxation was necessary. They have not, however, taken account of the fact that private as well as governmental organizations produce public goods.

The services the labor union provides for the worker it represents, or the benefits a lobby obtains for the group it represents, are public goods: they automatically go to every individual in the group, whether or not he helped bear the costs. It follows that, just as governments require compulsory taxation, many large private organizations require special (and sometimes coercive) devices to obtain the resources they need. This is not true of smaller organizations for, as this book shows, small and large organizations support themselves in entirely different ways. The theory indicates that, though small groups can act to further their interest much more easily than large ones, they will tend to devote too few resources to the satisfaction of their common interests, and that there is a surprising tendency for the “lesser” members of the small group to exploit the “greater” members by making them bear a disproportionate share of the burden of any group action.

All of the theory in the book is in Chapter 1; the remaining chapters contain empirical and historical evidence of the theory’s relevance to labor unions, pressure groups, corporations, and Marxian class action.

This is why your silly strike will fail. Nobody is going to follow it. Nobody. In fact, my guess is 99.8% of HS won’t even know about it because they don’t even know the forums exist, let alone your ridiculous post. You might as well go bang your head on a brick wall…you’ll feel much better afterwards than you would from trying to get HS people to do anything, even if it is in their own best interest.

By joining this strike you make your fellow industrialists who do not follow your strike richer. Let’s see how well that works out.

Maybe, if you could get people to actually go along with it. Most won’t give a ■■■■ and if prices actually start to rise, they’ll simply start responding by making more stuff meaning your strike won’t do much.

The problem is every single time you refuse to bring a product to market or just stop producing you are creating a type of public good for everyone who thinks you are a doofus. That public good is a reduction in competition and higher prices.

You need and enforcement mechanism and you simply do not have one. As such this notion is literally still born and means nothing at all. Might as well go back to ignoring the forums and everything else, and just focus on the in game markets. You have nothing…nothing at all here to accomplish that which you desire.

2 Likes

I’m still curious to know why they think they’re the only people actually producing stuff. Even Foggy tried to smug about being an “industrialist” but he’s just some highsec scrub who has collected a bunch of junk over time. Not only is he not actually being an “industrialist”, the fact that all his items are still in his hangar means that they weren’t on the market to begin with (and thus had zero impact of the price of goods!).

I’m still not sure what the point of this “strike” will be if OP asks them to stop selling things on the market when… they weren’t selling things on the market to begin with. :thinking:

You know what the most hilarious part about all of this is? We’re not even against the strike. In fact, we support it (for various reasons). Well, I do, I won’t speak for you, but feel free to agree if I’m right.

The whole point of my posts wasn’t to disparage the effort, but to bring to light the many issues I’ve noticed with regard to its planning and intent. Instead of a discussion that could help the proposal get fleshed out, everyone, including the OP, dog-piled with accusations of us being terrified of what would happen, and desperately trying to shut it down.

Hubris is something I generally expect from the carebear crowd, but the amount here is downright suffocating.

1 Like

35 posts have been removed for the below stated reasons:

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting