New Eden Industry Strike!

There is only one way to make CCP rethink their decisions: do not buy PLEX. Do not buy Omega time. Don’t buy any bundles from CCP or Steam store. And not for a month, oh no. Don’t buy anything from them until you see on the dev blog information about CCP’s withdrawal from their harmful changes, which they serve to more and more annoyed players over and over again.

Cut off their source of income - they will start worrying about their future and only then they will start asking themselves, why the so far milked cows (players), for whom they allow themselves too much (especially in 2020, a nasty year for everybody), suddenly stopped giving milk.

But this requires determination and persistence in the decision made. And the unity of all players, not just a hundred or a thousand angry folks. And that is why it is so extremely difficult to carry out this boycott effectively.

I support your proposal as much as possible, but I doubt that there will be a big response. For example, because this forum is visited and read by a handful of players, so the range of recipients is very limited.

2 Likes

OP: if you pay my sub, I’ll join your strike.

Not before.

You are making a false choice fallacy here.

What I DO actually think COULD help : create a corporation with name “CCP is ruining my game” dedicated to people actually quitting Eve because CCP did actually ruin their game. That corporation will have no structure, nothing besides inactive players and a CEO.

5 Likes

I quit putting up sell orders for loot and stopped manufacturing when CCP destroyed market PvP. Getting penalized for merely reducing the price of your item? Sheer lunacy and laziness. CCP isn’t creative enough to combat bots, so they screw all players participating in the market.

They come up with a good idea in Upwell structures. Then, when everybody gets sucked in, they ruin it for small corporations and the loner who busted his/her tail to have something to be proud of.

CCP is now just like the Null sec blocs and mega-corporations, a bunch of pigs who never get enough.

1 Like

I’m gonna raise my corporation taxes to 100%!

Doing my part!

1 Like

Oh! Another one of these threads! I haven’t seen one in so many years…

Haha, of course you can defend yourself, you silly goose; you’ve got money! Money is the best defensive mechanism one could possibly have. You can, in fact, use it to hire someone like me to do all the fighting for you!

What? Don’t tell me you’ve never noticed all of those security guards inside stores, factories, and banks that are employed to protect company assets and keep the peace.

:V

1 Like

Except you can’t in Eve : hiring mercenaries costs MORE than the structure, by a factor of 5. So saving your structure for ONE timer costs you 5 structures.

3 Likes

The strike is a great idea. It will need to be enforced with forceful ganking and wardeccing for any strike-breakers. Instead of “Burn Jita” it can be called “Industry Strike.”

4 Likes

I think they want something to happen in the game. Not the forum. So you won’t be getting hired.

Though there are legit mercs you can hire for ingame use.

Extortionists don’t go after hard targets. Every target is scrutinized for its potential profits and required effort to achieve them. The moment you show signs of organized, effective resistance, you stop getting hostilities from others (with the possible exception of non-targeted wars, such as blanket wars from Hell Dawn, for example).

Case in point: I have some structures and a bunch of POCOs on an alt corp. Some chum buckets decided that they wanted all of it for themselves. They only ever got the shield reinforce timer on a single station, and weren’t able to take a single POCO. However, the war record shows us killing quite a few POCOs that they already owned, with the help of two major mercenary groups.

The alt corp hasn’t been touched since.

Lots of nice posts I see, while I was in transit :slight_smile:. But many arguments repeat. So, rather than exploding this needlessly, I’ll summarize.

There are basically 2 major groups of arguments:

1. I only care about myself and would rather play the market while this unfolds.
    Well, it is in your best interest to join in. Sure, you may gain a little during the strike itself, but stand to lose much more later. On the contrary you can gain way more as a part of the initiative long term.
    Another point is that, as we talk about influencing policy and rules, we essentially enter the realm of politics. And being in politics costs, but its entirely another level “game” - it all about your rights and power to do things or not having things done to you. That in itself is worth quite a lot.

But also, who said you have to lose on the strike? Compere the 2 situations: some proportion of player goes on a strike, but is undercut by others on a regular basis. This causes a mild spike of prices over few days, before things get back to normal. So, you stand to gain what - 10% over your normal weekly income? And that is only if this strike becomes even big enough to be noticed at all…
On the contrary, imagine enough people join-in. Regular pvérs, major war mongers or just ignorant ones buy stuff out and soon cannot get what they want unless they pay exhorbitant prices for it, but even that starts running short. Guess what happens to the prices in such case? How much you can potentially gain from just a single opening trade? Especialy if we coordinate the opening… Or we can play some "trader pvp"for a day when its over, which may be fun in itself too :slight_smile:. But the major issue here is to instill the policy and get our act together…

2nd point often made: Only your actual live money matters. Don;t buy Omega time/PLEX…
Very true, but guess what? We can make this have a much greater impact too if we coordinate. Say, you are fed up to the point of quitting (which many replies claim they are). Would you rather be a +1 in some minor statistical fluke or would you prefer to cause a major effect, like “oh, look, our most loyal subscriber base, who were paying us monthly for multiple accounts has suddenly, in a space of few weeks, shrunk 50%. What do we do now?” The 2nd is only achievable if we, again, do stuff in a coordinated way.

But before executing a last resort nuclear option it makes sense to try something more mild. If that does not work, but we establish positive collaboration, we can escalate it to the next level, say cease subscriptions for 1 month. Completely quitting on a one by one basis may not even be noticed. But a coordinated subscription opt-out within a week or two but some % regula ruse-base definitely will. This doesn’t even have to be a very major %, even 5% may get noticed if done is a short span of time and in a similar manner…

Sounds easy enough. I’ll do that. Not because I hate nullsec PvPers ( they’re just players taking advantage of CCP’s greed, and why not ? ) but only because I support people who want to stand up for themselves and send a message that they will not take it laying down anymore.
" I WON’T take it anymore !! " I love that statement ! :slight_smile:

You’re going to have to strike for much longer if you want the desired results. I suggest 6 months at least. Crash EVE’s economy ? Why not, now that’s what I call CHAOS.

Yup, exactly. But first things first. Right now we are dealing with bunch of self-centric asocial players who mostly stay in highsec to avoid having to jump to some null overlords or with “nice guys” pushover types who are ok with staying in null, retaining half or less of their potential profits, because they don;t know better or do not want to stand up for themselves, while doing forced gunking or fleet action they do not exceptionally like.
Organizing even some kind of event would be a good first step here. After we get some action together, we can start talking about forming regular structure and enforcement fleets or some such. Heck, if this shing produces even minor noticeable effect (like hikes ship prices even 10% up), we can start posing as some minor power, eventually even making policy change demands :slight_smile:

1 Like

CCP seems to be actively targeting them at this point. No small play for you - Goons/Test/PL for you.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

I HOPE MANY PARTICIPATE!

5 Likes

I propose that all highsec structures be removed at the beginning of the strike. Any highsec structures left in place will be assumed to be against the strike and will need to be forcefully removed.

4 Likes

Oh, totally, that thought did cross my mind, and that would definitely be fun :slight_smile:
But lets start with realistic first goals. This 1-week strike, tied to particular CCP-announced dates is easy, so many may join-in even just “for the henk of it” or to test waters. If that is successful, then we can start planning a more major eco-war actions :smirk:… The toughest thing is to get people moving. Once they feel power, they are way more likely to stick with the related actions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Put the idea in-game, in Chat Channels. Invite players to stand up for themselves… OH, and don’t forget to reward the participants. Those who put their stations out of service should get a bonus, those who can show that they’ve held tons orders should as well…
Just throwing ideas off the top of my head.
You could also present it as some event with prices at the end of for the gung-ho striker, lmao!