New Eden Industry Strike!

2 Likes

y’all are gonna lose out on a bunch of isk, but hey, it’s a sandbox, you’re free to do what you want, lmao

Isk is much overrated.

2 Likes

Can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Nicely said!

And:

Gee, this so nicely illustrates my point above, about difficulty in organizing such lot of selfish bastards, which I mean in a positive sense, as this is the nature of producing bourgeois, a driving force behind our actions if you will :slight_smile:

But we are talking about standing up to protect out rights and dignity here. This is worth a few iskies. And if we happen to shake up Eve economy in the process - which I rather strongly doubt, but if by chance something like that happens, that would be funny as hell, and worth quite a lot of ISKies I would say :wink:.

1 Like

What are we fighting for, again?

1 Like

Funny, the people calling for as strike (which is hilarious in and of itself) want these small industrialists to organise, interact and spend isk. The exact thing they’ve been avoiding all this time.

2 Likes

Nice suggestions!
I was in fact going to start advertising this on Perimeter (Jita itself is too heavily spammed), Botane/Dodixie, maybe Hek and few other places. But maybe there are some relevant in-game chat channels? In that short list of browsable channels I cannot see anything of substamce that would seem to be useful…

1 Like

Just start ganking any industrial ships you find in highsec and send them an Evemail explaining the strike and that they need to join you in order to save highsec. You should write a Code of Conduct to go along with your efforts, so that the rules are clear to everyone. You could even issue permits to known supporters, so that they can operate safely during the strike.

This will be the fastest way to get the word out - much better than spamming local.

4 Likes

This has been suggested, and is considered a possible escalation or enforcement of the strike, once we have the numbers and some organizational structure going. Solo ganking is not even gonna get noticed on the scale of things, and will just annoy the unlucky targets. Works much better after the people have been warned and are aware of the dates… Most people would react “I would totally support your strike if you had warned me in a civil way, but now, because of the unprovoked attack and losses, I am gonna screw you over, you are no better than a regular ganker”. Better to avoid this…

On a related note, may make sense to start by sending warning emails to hauler drivers passing Uedama or Perimeter/Jita gate, with the intended ganking again as the next stage during the active phase…

1 Like

1 Like

Princess @Aiko_Danuja might be willing to help you with this strike, if you ask nicely.

You must mean with the ganking part? :slight_smile: (looking at her advertised website)
Ok, we’ll keep this in mind for when ganking becomes appropriate :slight_smile:

Just a small announcement:
I have created a discord server for the New Eden Worker Union, with the channel dedicated to the discussions of the strike, for those who prefer that com medium.
discord strike channel

1 Like

If you can’t defend it you shouldn’t have it

1 Like

This strike is one way to defend it , whether you approve of the method or not.
PvPers use the tools at their disposal - so do PvErs :slight_smile:

As an industrialist myself thank you for removing yourself from the marketplace.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. I hope you’ll set your prices as high as possible.

No need, my profit is volume based, all this means is that I may sell more stuff; because others have decided not to.

1 Like

OH NO… The strike isn’t going to work because Jonah will keep his prices same because he has SO much stuff to sell, OMG, we’re all doomed :slight_smile: