New Eden Industry Strike!

It’s gonna fail regardless, because most of us don’t care

1 Like

You don’t care so much that you have to post in this thread, I see… :thinking:

1 Like

its dumb and doesnt appeal to the majority of industry players.

3 Likes

OH yes, you’ve heard from ALL industry players in EVE… What are you, the Go-To person?

Are you five?

There’s literaly no meat here, there’s a guy saying “Dont sell your stuff!” and you are acting like he’s a genius.

How exactly is this going to work and where is the support other than you (blindly)?

Two Industry people have already said its a white elephant.

Where’s the support?

4 Likes

This isn’t the first time someone has attempted to rally the miners, to strike against a proposed injustuce. It failed miserably the last time, but why?

The answer is quite simple, really. No one cares, and that includes the miners you are trying to defend. I kinda wish you would have an impact, as then it would be popcorn time, but you won’t.

3 Likes

What, NO popcorn ? You’re mean, lol.

1 Like

Here’s the main issue with your proposal: your heart doesn’t seem to lie in the right place, or at least, you’re not being specific enough with your intent.

What is the ultimate goal here? Do you want to influence CCP specifically in order for them to implement changes that work in favor of industrialists at the expense of the fighters? Or are you aiming to influence the players themselves?

If it’s the former, then this movement can be interpreted as begging CCP for concessions that provide artificial protection from PvP because you, and the players you allege to represent, are unwilling to use the tools already available to you in-game for the same purpose. In this case, this movement is no different from the regular “carebear whine threads” we get on these forums. You’ll get some support from the teary-eyed carebears with victim complexes, and that’s about it. Additionally, I can assure you that most of the changes that CCP has implemented over the past fifteen or so years buffed player safety, and nerfed risk and avenues for PvP. In fact, I made an easily-verifiable list of these changes, if you want to see it.

But if this movement is meant to target players specifically as a means of in-game political and economic influence, it can be considered as emergent gameplay, and will see wide support, if not necessarily participation. This would be the kind of movement that I, a dedicated PvP player, could get behind.

So, what exactly is your end goal? What demands are you making, and from whom?

I addressed this before. If you have money, then you most definitely can defend yourself. You just have to know how to do it. Money is power.

You assume that the PvE-focused players are the only ones capable of industry; this is wrong. From all of the people I’ve interacted with over many years in EVE, the grand majority of PvP-focused players had their own industrial alts. The reason we don’t use them much is because industry is so saturated, that there’s little, if any, profit to be had in it. It simply makes more economic sense to do combat PvE of some sort, or gank, or extort players for income. But if production slumps to the point where industry becomes competitive, you can bet your ass that we’re going to engage in it again. Industry will never go away, even if you do.

That is literally painful to read. Anyone who needs a “vacation” from EVE has serious mental problems. It’s perfectly alright to get burned out and take a break, but to treat EVE, a video game, like actual labor that needs downtime is absolutely ridiculous.

You know, I once encountered a high-sec carebear corporation that actually required its members to fill out and submit time sheets. Yeah.

This is objectively false. Most new players stay in high-sec, and in fact never leave it during their entire EVE careers. Over three-quarters of the player base are exclusively-PvE players, and never proactively engage in PvP. This is to say that the group you’re talking about isn’t some kind of “oppressed minority.”

Players already have this ability. The majority of them choose not to use it. If they did use it, you wouldn’t have made this thread to begin with.

What exactly are you basing this on? Is this some kind of veiled reference to autism? Do you think that every industrialist is Raymond Babbitt?

Or do you seriously believe that it requires an advanced level of intellect to engage in EVE’s industry, which combat-oriented players are unable to do because of their sub-80 IQs? Such hubris and pretentiousness won’t make you many friends.

Highlighted the important parts.

My question here is: why do you feel inclined to help those people? Being “self-centric” or selfish isn’t a nice personality trait, and people like that don’t deserve someone crusading on their behalf. Likewise, a person who is “ok” with something, or doesn’t want to do something, is operating according to their own volition, and doesn’t need you speaking on their behalf.

Rights to what? What kind of dignity? You have to explain this.

The most important issue is below:

Industry does not create value in EVE. Industry exists solely for the purpose of replacing losses. Unlike in real life, EVE doesn’t have a limitless ceiling for innovation and creation. You’re limited to creating a set variety of goods, and you can’t even innovate with regard to the production process by saving on raw materials or production costs beyond a certain point. In real life, we have something known as the broken window fallacy, which is a tangible threat to progress, but in EVE, the economy functions only by virtue of the “broken window” needing to be replaced all the time, because there’s no demand for products with the exception of needing to replace those that get destroyed.

To help you in answering the following question, aside from what’s written above, I will provide some data. According to my sample analysis of zKill, something like 99.6% of all destruction in the game happens as an effect of PvP activities. Just a fraction of a single percentage point can be solely attributed to losses to NPCs.

So here’s an important question for you: how would you feel if all of the PvP players decided to go “on strike,” and stopped all of their PvP activities for some period of time? What kind of effect do you think that would have? Do you think it would be good or bad for the game?

One more significant issue with this proposal: the free rider problem. How are you going to deal with it? Simply telling everyone “you should do this because it will benefit you in the long run” won’t be enough. How are you going to subjugate noncomplying parties? In real life, for example, unions can physically restrict access to factories and such. What about the people who will tell you that they support you, but secretly continue to produce and sell products?

A major flaw with your proposal is that it will require all participants to either contribute, or give something up, materially. And yet, they already refuse to do this in order to alleviate the issues they’re facing today. If they’re not willing to pay for mercenaries/guards for their industrial activities, then why would they contribute financially to your effort, or give up their profits for your cause?

2 Likes

The goal is to influence CCP by placing a moratorium on all highsec industry. All highsec industry must be brought to a halt. Once that is achieved (and maintained for some uncertain amount of time), the ganking can stop. Meanwhile, the ganking will be for the ultimate benefit of the “carebear whiners” that you seem to disparage.

2 Likes

And IF the market crashes, so much the better.

Even if you can buy an Epithal at Jita during the strike, you will die after your first jump. Strike! Strike!

2 Likes

One more strike, and we’ll have to take you behind the barn…

I’ll send you and Archer to the barn. Have fun rolling in the hay.

1 Like

ibDdMkf

2 Likes

Every time we go, he always ignores me, and frolics with the animals instead.

He is hoping that you will join him.

What are the animals, and does he wear wellies?

1 Like

I’m wondering what the Americans amongst us think wellies are…

Seems to be rubber boots or galoshes.

And no, he doesn’t. He’s pretty much barefoot all the time. He’s a real redneck.