New Eden systems security rating

Players look at the sec ratings for a system and are able to be instantly informed on everything from CONCORD reaction time,available asteroids, ROE, and other infomation based on CCP’s published gameplay standards.

For saying that the OP was not about ganking, there sure seems to be plenty of rehashing the same tired old arguements.

3 Likes

It’s helpful to all sorts of players. I did not find it confusing at all when I picked up the game. It’s pretty self explanatory to be honest.

Other people have explained to you various other game mechanics that are affected by system security status as well. not just ganking. I’m not here to “convince” you that it has to stay, as that isn’t your decision anyway. I merely inform you that your assessment that it is useless is wrong.

If you are confused about how it works I’m sure we can help you understand. Just ask about what aspect of it you have trouble with.

1 Like

Yes but they are entertaining.

Hey I do that too. I don’t look at the system rating, it’s always irrelevant to my in-game situations and it’s only informative for CCP, not me.

“What security space do you operate in?”
“I operate in New Eden.” LOL

2 Likes

I like that. That’ll be my answer next time I’m asked where I fly. I’m stealing it from you and there ain’t nothing you can do about it! Haha!

To tell you the truth, when I first started this game and saw numbers at the gates then read what that was all about I almost quit playing right there. HUH?? Security Space?? WTAF is that all about? I asked myself. Then when I learned more about EVE Online seeing those numbers at the gates just irritated me but then I learned to ignore them and started treating all of new eden as Null. Now I see the numbers but they appear to me to be just random numbers you may see on car parts.
Yes, Security rating is so useless that I often don’t even know what sec system I’m in. I don’t care, I know I’m in EVE’S New Eden where anything can happen.

CONCORD?

5 Likes

Well, it gives you, the player, information about all those things so that you can make informed decisions.

I don’t know man, I just don’t understand what’s the problem here.

2 Likes

Nope, sorry. This thread isn’t about ganking. Go get your forum ganking jollies in a ganking thread, not here. This thread is about sec rating whether you like it or not.

No need to know the sec rating. I operate the same in 0.1 as I do 1.0 so it’s useless.

3 Likes

You don’t understand because there’s no “problem”.
All there is is a thread discussing Security Rating as being useless and obsolete.

3 Likes

I’m not confused about how it works, I think you’re confused about the topic of the thread. Read it again, slower this time.

I have no trouble. You seem to have trouble understanding what this thread is about.
It’s a DISCUSSION thread, yep… about Security Rating being useless and obsolete ( God I love that word ).
This isn’t the help section, it’s General Communication which means your reply isn’t to solve something someone has trouble with but to discuss the topic.

4 Likes

you may find it useless and so does the snowflake, but plenty of others don’t find it useless…

2 Likes

Who cares of the others? They can post in here too just like you and the other gentlemen who try to resolve a “problem” in a discussion thread did.

4 Likes

Well that is called an echo chamber thread and not a discussion thread if you just want your wrong conception getting confirmed by others.

Helping players understand the game is absolutely the purpose of this forums.

1 Like

That’s great! Except I don’t need help understanding the game, you get it through your thick skull?
This is a DISCUSSION thread, NOT A HELPME THREAD. Do you understand? Do ya now??

5 Likes

So you want everyone here to agree with you about it being useless, but for the ones who explain why it’s not useless you basically just don’t want to have a discussion about that… great to know…

You wanted a discussion, I thought for the most part we were discussing why we find that it’s NOT useless.

And they said EVE players were smart.

3 Likes

Thats an opinion.

We’ve discussed why There is a security rating system…
Doesn’t matter what anyone says, you’ve made your point in your first sentence.

1 Like

They should do a LOT of things that they aren’t doing but they’re too busy looking at the falling cash.

Security Rating for solar systems? Totally useless. The fact they’re still up at each gate tells me how much CCP cares about the players. It’s a joke.
And CONCORD? Hmm haha!! I like those dancing cops representing CONCORD because that’s exactly what CONCORD is, a joke.

3 Likes

No, I still think you need help understanding the game

I understand it more as a silent cry for help because you are confused about the system security rating. Since we are all good people here we recognized that even before you did and just try to help.

In general, it’s not really helpful to you as a player to just start rants about a game mechanic that troubles you. Just accept that the difficulty you are having with it may be rooted in confusion or lack of information, we can help with that. Ask away

1 Like

LMAO!! Don’t waste your time replying to the likes of him. They’re only on this forum to aggravate people, they’re not here for discussion and when you look at their posts all there is veiled insults and put-downs.

3 Likes

Why are you replying to your own alt?

1 Like

I think you’re right. I don’t even know why I thought that posting a discussion thread on this forum was a good idea. But at least I got two or three posters in here who understand what the thread is about so it’s not all negative.

3 Likes