New Eden systems security rating

discussion abouut what? That we should all agree that CCP get rid of systems?

what the ■■■■■■■ hell exactly do you want to discuss? You said you were confused by the Sec Status, or that it confuses other players?? How many players do you know where confused by the sec status?

citation needed

Source?

Citation needed

We have…multiple times.

1 Like

It has more than that, but they all don’t agree with you

It’s okay. This thread is way better than a ganking thread :smile:
And as @Natalie_Patrovita said, don’t pay much attention to the trolls and don’t feed them. Eventually they go away.

Back on topic. The security rating is SO useful that I hardly ever know ( or want to know ) what system sec I’m in. I go to an asteroid belt and according to the rocks I find there I pretty much know where I stand. Plus, there are systems where it’s impossible to not know what rating they have since they are starter systems or close-by.
Anyway, I support the trashing of the Security System all together. It’s stupid, useless and confusing to new players.

4 Likes

source?

Source? Me and that’s enough for me. You? IDGAF

3 Likes

First, those numbers next to gates look ridiculous.
Second, sec rating is useful for the attackers but not much useful otherwise.
Third, ships explode just as well in hisec than in null.
Fourth… hmm I don’t care for sec rating. It hasn’t helped me one damn bit since I play.
Fifth is half of ten so I’m done.

5 Likes

Of course.
Now you can discuss the point and you don’t have to convince me just as I don’t have to convince you. That’s discussion.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity. Since many people already explained to you that various game mechanics in Highsec are influenced by the sec status I wonder what your actual goal is, to make 0.5-1.0 all the same, or just to remove the number from the UI because it annoys you?

1 Like

About sec rating obviously.

The obsolescence of system sec rating.

I’m not confused but it does confuse new players and for nothing, too. It’s completely useless.

Virtually every new player I talk to I have to explain that there’s no security in EVE nor cops and that the rating is just for CCP to keep track of things and that you might use it to know certain things but it’s not needed it’s just there if you wantnto use it.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought the first time I saw those numbers. I thought they were tax rates :smile:

Right. Anything the sec rating tells you you can find out by other means.

The explosions work in every security rating, lol.

It hasn’t helped me either. They’re really there for CCP not for the players.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hahaaaaa!! Give it up. At this point you’re a troll.

3 Likes

Wow, seriously, I just tried to help a confused player (you). Why so hostile?

I’m pretty sure this thread is because of some butthurt about ganking, but since you said it’s not about ganking I’m not gona mention it, out of respect.

At this point? Hell, he’s been trolling this entire thread since the first word he posted. Karak is major troll, but this forum is chock-full of trolls so he blends in okay.

See how clever this troll is @Admiral_M_fune ?

3 Likes

Yep. He’s OH-SO clever :smile:

Ok man, message received. You want to be left alone with your alts

Yes, I’m kicking you out of my thread :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

You did? Didn’t notice

Ugly troll.

4 Likes

^ LOL

Security rating is fine. Best solution for you would be a mining permit.

3 Likes

Another troll. Goshdangit. This forum is just packed with trolls!

4 Likes