New high sec NPCS killing players in strong ships at stations

They appear to go by the “corporation,” under the pirate faction and not the pirate faction standings themselves at the moment.

Corporation of pirates is only altered by belt rats, not deadspace or mission rats.

I’m -6 to Blood faction (diplomacy 5) but they’re light blue to me as I don’t belt rat for them and maybe shot a blood belter once, so they’re actually positive at about a 1.9. I’ve sat next to four punisher frigs in Earled and they didn’t seem to care.

They look like they use the same engagement rules as the npc miners, just that people who rat and mine in blood and guristas territory have had a years-long head start to mess up their standing with them.

How have they been killing solo? Between the constant exploration updates, the FW revamp to allow pvp profits, the addition of warp core stabilized mining ships for solo miners in low…

Like I can complain for days about crimewatch and the carebearification of highsec, but I don’t see how they’re attacking the solo player.

1 Like

It’s Dinsdale. Not worth replying.

To him, no matter what CCP do, it’s autokatically the wrong thing.

The only consistency in any position he has is that CCP is bad. Other then that, any argument is fair game if he can use it to push that.

3 Likes

I have seen the blue ones in second site of Jet Set hooligans escalation that did not escalate further, they spawned right beside their red brethren, they were some kind of elites. There were a lot of them there, third reinforcement wave. It all happened after warping past the gate and killing the Mad Cat frigate that had a lot of rep power. First time I have seen this composition of rats.

Now when I read Uni Wiki about those ships I see it was good decision to warp out.

1 Like

This is awesome. I really hope new PvE is coming and it’s gonna look more like this. While ago mining response fleets were itroduced and this is clearly following that path. Rats in those fleets are still dumb but definitely better and more challenging than belt/mission or exploration ones.

In my wildest dream I see whole old PvE thrashed and replaced with one where PvP fit and habits (dscan) are mandatory even in HS. This would wipe the nonsense barrier between PvE and PvP and maybe result in more people willing to leave HS. I only wish for myself that this type of PvE is still available to solo players like me … and this leads us to highjacking the thread even further ^^

In response to some posts here, I can vocalize some of my thoughts, based on my observations of my behavior as someone playing solo (11 years now, 2 in null in a small corp and 9 mostly in HS doing various stuff alone) and being, lets say “not the most social person in the world ^^” :

• You can’t force people who aren’t socially inclined to socialize. If you try you can force them out of the game though. Good or bad? I think bad.
  • Once a while I scan corp adverts and 90% of those have requirements like full API, interview and staying on comms. Those are huge barriers for someone who doesn’t like to expose in public, and I think it’s safe to say most people who find socializing hard, don’t. It’s also very unconvenient to someone having family asleep (comms and time constraints). So … you wan’t more people joining player corps? Than stop building barriers.
  • Devs pushing towards socializing aren’t doing this for game’s health. Theyre’re doing this for the health of a company wallet - socializing players will more likely drag friends to the game and those will hopefully pay the sub. Personally I don’t mind - CCP’s wallet health is very important to me as I’d simply like to enjoy the game eleven years more. Thing is I also pay the sub and if solo playstyle won’t be possible, well I’ll have to take my sub elsewhere. And that would be bad for wallet health. Multiply it by half HS population and we end up in a “EvE is dying” thread again?
11 Likes

Hmmm, anybody remembers the Drifter Incursions? Where are they? :thinking:

1 Like

NPC killmails are broken. They only show 1 ship, probably the one that got the last hit.
Even if an entire NPC fleet attacks a player ship, only 1 NPC ship shows up on the killmail.
The new NPC AI can fight with proper fleets, consisting of dps, logi, tackler and ewar.

So the Orca could have been ganked by 5 NPC battleships, but since tackling frigs usually have fast firing guns, they have the highest chance of showing up on the killmail.

1 Like

What makes you think that this isnt already the case?
Numbers always give you a huge advantage in all areas of EVE, PvE and PvP.
2 cheap T1 BS can clear a site faster than 1 expensive pirate BS.
For the cost of 1 T2 cruiser you can fit like 5 T1 cruisers.
etc

NPC fleets hunting down solo players … Why do we need that? EVE was always advertised as a sandbox, the game with the greatest freedom. Forcing players into certain gameplay styles does not fit into that image.

2 Likes

To remove players from high sec probably? There are no Gurista FOBs in null sec.

If those people would organize, they would rather end as nullbears.

From the forward operating bases, they are working as full fleets?

Not anything I’ve seen so far. How often have you seen it this way?

I havent seen a FOB yet, but CCP said they use the new AI. The response fleet that spawns after attacking a NPC miner also uses the new AI and they have tackle frigs which point and web, dps ships and logi ships.

Probably. The NPC mining fleets also look like they were desinged to discourge mining in other places than nullsec anomalies. (They dont mine in anomalies.)

I guess that is what you get when all CSM members are from nullsec cartels.

They would lose ISK if they do PvE in groups. The rewards for PvE in high sec are small, if you have to share them with others it only makes them smaller. You would earn way more by doing something solo, like mission running or jumping into the next WH and doing some exploration.

Highsec incursions are the only exception i can think of.

1 Like

Guys report this stuff, We must keep high sec safe!!!..from npcs anyways

Totally legit!

my cat will kill those npc’s

3 Likes

:astonished:

Awesome addition to the game.

Seriously, folks have been moaning for ages about how ridiculously safe high sec has become, and how npcs are too weak.

So that kill dropped two pithi shield mods worth 110 million isk.

Who got them, I wonder?

Maybe it’s worth going and experiencing first before drawing the conclusion and assuming you’re right.

He hates CCP and everything is a conspiracy, yet he still hangs around.

Yea, nothing insane about that at all…

1 Like

I have this theory (very loosely using the term) that he’s a Mittens alt, because Mittens only very rarely posts on the forum as himself, but I reckon he probably has alts he does post with.

So, Dinsdale for me is one of Mittens troll alts.

/goonspiracy

7 Likes

I don’t get the “this will kill solo play” stuff here. I totally see how it makes AFK play harder (have to watch for standings a bit) but solo shouldn’t be affected as long as the rats don’t point.

Guess we will wait and see.

EDIT: What a killer: https://zkillboard.com/ship/46052/

All those Ventures, don’t tell me they were not AFK.