New Mac Beta

Has anyone installed the new Mojave Beta yet? If so is Wine and the launcher still working on the other side?

There were some warnings that the application was not optimized for use with Mojave but EVE does work. I can’t really compare performance before/after.

That’s just the 32bit warning. You would have had one with 10.13 as well as the new 10.14.

10.14 is the last macOS to support OpenGL/OpenAl and 32 bit applications.

With the most recent beta the launcher works but is not able to launch the game itself.

1 Like

I just installed it and indeed the game will not launch. Is it an issue with Wine or? Wondering whether to restore from backup…

I installed the beta after the OP and have had no issues launching the client. It has been a tad slower that usual at times but is otherwise working okay. Have you tried clearing the cache and relaunching?

Clean install of latest public beta and eve with default settings does not start the client from launcher.
It would start wineserver + 2x wine processes and then just idle until it the processes die.

Need more testing / try other wine versions. Maybe it will work.

What’s your eve launcher config @Guiliano_Thellere ?

Thanks!

Anyone tried the latest build of Mojave?

New Mojave Beta release running, 10.14, with no issues running game client. Settings as follows:

Sounds good, I’ll test it over the weekend.

How do I get the advanced options screen as above?

I got it working once I verified the cache

How is the performance in Beta 8? And any idea when CCP will officially support Mojave? I mean is it weeks or months after release?

It’s working fine for me. And by fine I mean as unstable as it ever has been using a Mac…

I never had an issue with instability… The only issues I have on the mac 1) Performance is subpar => naturally due to the emulation environment 2) Some times clients just don’t start - I have 4 accounts and some times when I launch one it just doesn’t start at all. I see the wine processs starting in Activity Monitor however it just idles at 0.2% CPU and does nothing. I have to force quit and try to launch again.

Isnatalled the official Mojave update and all I get is a blank white screen from the launcher… :frowning:

Mojave 10.14
Eve Launcher: 1387204

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP131.0223.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.36f97

EVE-Launcher

Launcher log available by request.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.