New Mac Beta

(Guiliano Thellere) #1

Has anyone installed the new Mojave Beta yet? If so is Wine and the launcher still working on the other side?

(Sokoton) #2

There were some warnings that the application was not optimized for use with Mojave but EVE does work. I can’t really compare performance before/after.

(Amarisen Gream) #3

That’s just the 32bit warning. You would have had one with 10.13 as well as the new 10.14.

10.14 is the last macOS to support OpenGL/OpenAl and 32 bit applications.

(Enim Chakaid) #4

With the most recent beta the launcher works but is not able to launch the game itself.

(Limyh Oteo) #5

I just installed it and indeed the game will not launch. Is it an issue with Wine or? Wondering whether to restore from backup…

(Guiliano Thellere) #6

I installed the beta after the OP and have had no issues launching the client. It has been a tad slower that usual at times but is otherwise working okay. Have you tried clearing the cache and relaunching?

(Jancho Breau) #7

Clean install of latest public beta and eve with default settings does not start the client from launcher.
It would start wineserver + 2x wine processes and then just idle until it the processes die.

Need more testing / try other wine versions. Maybe it will work.

What’s your eve launcher config @Guiliano_Thellere ?

Thanks!

(Limyh Oteo) #8

Anyone tried the latest build of Mojave?

(Guiliano Thellere) #9

New Mojave Beta release running, 10.14, with no issues running game client. Settings as follows:

(Limyh Oteo) #10

Sounds good, I’ll test it over the weekend.

(The Elder) #11

How do I get the advanced options screen as above?

(The Elder) #12

I got it working once I verified the cache

(Limyh Oteo) #13

How is the performance in Beta 8? And any idea when CCP will officially support Mojave? I mean is it weeks or months after release?

(Guiliano Thellere) #14

It’s working fine for me. And by fine I mean as unstable as it ever has been using a Mac…

(Limyh Oteo) #15

I never had an issue with instability… The only issues I have on the mac 1) Performance is subpar => naturally due to the emulation environment 2) Some times clients just don’t start - I have 4 accounts and some times when I launch one it just doesn’t start at all. I see the wine processs starting in Activity Monitor however it just idles at 0.2% CPU and does nothing. I have to force quit and try to launch again.

(Manoushka Kerozen) #16

Isnatalled the official Mojave update and all I get is a blank white screen from the launcher… :frowning:

(Ghad Makanen) #17

Mojave 10.14
Eve Launcher: 1387204

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB