New market update potential economy collapse

Mission runners don’t usually give .02isk about the market, since they either fire sell the garbage loot or , especially since some of the mining changes, have resumed limited gun mining as a means of generating additional cash…and when in the heck have mission runners and their opinions hold any sway with CCP devs? Find another group to blame.

4 Likes

May I ask why you think the mission runners are less intelligent than you?

I always sell my loot the way it brings the most profit. Only the new inexperienced players, or those who have too little (want to make a quick buck), or too much ISK(Income by the hour > as effort in trading) would make firesell

Enjoyed watching your in real time edits and you finally settled on the correct explanation😀 : you make more money( and fun for some) per hour actively mission running than playing the .01 isk game in the market, especially with the garage loot drops we have now. Exploration, on the other hand, does warrant time spent in the market due to its frequent much better loot drops. Not a matter of intelligence, merely one of effeciency and enjoyment…we also don’t hold any sway with either the CSM or the devs as well.

2 Likes

Sorry, sometimes I have to think for some people, otherwise they don’t understand what it’s about, or get it wrong. Unfortunately it’s not my native language either.

Yes, the point was that you can’t say that all runners just sell all things quickly. I know enough runners who wait months until the price stabilizes. But then it’s also about valuable things, not about crap. But when it comes to crap loot, I look very carefully if it’s more profitable to reprocess it instead of selling it for 1% of the value.

PS: I can imagine that the ratting bots do things differently, that’s true.

The term “gun mining”, which I used in my original post, is the use of reprocessing to obtain minerals, either for sale or personal use. Many mission runners used to gun mine, but it fell out of favor when CCP changed some values. It is slowly returning due to the more recent mining changes, even at a steep loss if compared to a full market value sale.

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know the term.

It is obvious that if I am offered only 1-10% of the value of a small item when it is sold, then the reprocessing is usually always better.

I never said it was. I mean NPCs that own the area will receive the isk sink. But what about wh ? and maybe even null?

Im fascinated to know what you think these supposed receivers spend this money on.

1 Like

Think you completely missed the point or is a troll . anyway , won’t feed you anymore

It hasn’t.

No, she didn’t. There was no point to miss.

2 Likes

CCP owns all this area, naturally. No NPCs would actually get those money.

Hey guys, the market update has not caused the economy to collapse. What’s going on?! Could it be that all of these kids screaming about things they don’t know about might be wrong??!

1 Like

Thats good because you are talking utter gibberish.

With my production I am just going to make what is most profitable and sell to buy orders rather than put them up on sell orders, I should still be able to make ISK that way.

What I am going to stop doing is selling the random items I get. For example I had to change the fit on a Macheriel today, normally I would sell off the bits I no longer need. for example 1 x Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane or 1 x Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer just to try and claw back some funds on the stuff I had to buy.

But it isnt worth doing that, ill be undercut almost immediately in Jita and, sure I could try and sell elsewhere but elsewhere doesnt have the liquidity of Jita. For examplethe Gyrostab is 109.5m sell or 88.2 buy, If I put it up for 109.5 and have to adjust the price to try and sell, how long would it take to eat through that 21.3m difference between buy and sell (not long i am guessing)

So ill keep all this stuff, maybe advertise it another way (on the forums and do personal contracts maybe) but then not as many people will see it becuase really who reads these forums, and 80% of those that do are trolls.

It’s a bad change and if it was to screw up bots there must be another way of doing that.

3 Likes

Would you expect Gyrostab price to never rise above 109m in next three months? If no, place an 109m order and don’t modify it.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont get his angle.

I sell in low volume so I have buckets of small orders that I never modify

They always sell eventually.

Contacts are for ships and ore

1 Like

Still waiting on the economy collapse…

5 Likes

I don’t know @Ugren_Okaski it could do, but then it might not, looking at the charts (not that I understand the nuanes of them but i get the basics) the price is heading upwards but that doesnt mean it will always be that way. I dont mind setting somethign set and forget but want to price it so it will have a very good chance of selling within the 3 month period.

@Ramona_McCandless you’ve obviously found, or know of a system that works for you. Generally in Eve you have to find your own way with these things as people dont generally discuss their tactics or knowledge.

For me I look at an item and dont know how best to price it so i tend to (or tended to) price it just under the lowest price can updated every 3 to 5 days.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, not having a go. I just noticed I already do what a lot of people have been talking about in other channels too, I just do it backwards lol