New module: Auto D-scanning System

With 10 seconds you’re only going to miss a frigate, maybe dessies. Anything larger than that takes too long to slow down.

I just mean the psychological aspect: if it autorepeats you’re likely to switch off and miss stuff.

This deserves recognition. A quality burn based on substance, utterly destroying an argument with its own logic.

I mean miss in the sense of not checking d scan at all because your focus is elsewhere, not just because of the scan frequency.

Perhaps. Hard to predict how much that might happen.

D-Scan punishes the lazy and should keep doing so, so no to this idea.

You’re post contradicts itself or maybe bad balancing idea… You’d rather have an automatic 10 second crappy scan as opposed to several manually-accurate scans every [few] second(s)? Why use a less accurate scan just because of convenience?!

Well the 10 second activation was just an arbitrary number, like I said it could be quicker or slower depending on how you want it to impact gameplay. If it was a module you are right in that it probably needs to be quite fast to even be useful.
Another idea others had was to not have a module but instead give it to everyone as a button and then it could be every 10-20 seconds because it would be automatic and “free”.
Probably good to not make it equal or better than the manual scan to promote manual actions over automated ones.

The idea is not to be lazy but to have the option to reduce a repetetive action that is not fun gameplay. Lazy people will anyway press the manual scan often enough if they care about their ship and many will forget to look at the scan results or even forget to start the scanner sometimes.

If it was a button it would need re-activation every time you enter a system and I’d prefer it needing re-activation after every warp as well to punish laziness even more. Then you would also have to manually scan during a warp which should limit the automatic system information you can get.

Actually, I have to agree with the OP. It is tedious, and it could be done better via a module (a mid slot, imo its not important enough to merit a high slot) and i’d activate for a rework to recono recons to do this specific job.

It should also have a unique section that go’s on the bottom of overview, like how drones/broadcast attaches to fleet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.