New NullSec ratting fits

CCP has recently announced that they are going to change the way VNIs are used .They did this,as they say,to help reduce the amount of ratting bots in game,by making it harder to rat using the VNI…So lets use this post to share relatively new cheap and effective ships and fits for NS ratting for us relative newbies,since the VNI,as many say,is not up for the task anymore…

Post away,and REMAIN POLITE. o7

Ahahahahahaha, welcome to the forums young one.

7 Likes

Atleast I can try.

1 Like

Are you asking specifically for mostly-AFK, drone farming builds? I’m not a nullsec farmer or an AFK player, but for someone who is bothering to target and click on some turrets, the VNI changes don’t look like it will ‘stop being effective’. It will just rely on some player activity to be effective now.

If you specifically want AFK farming builds, you should mention that.

Note: I may be completely wrong about the VNI still being a workable Null ratter, so feel free to correct me if that is the case.

Nah, all my time ratting will surely be ATK, and even before the VNI changes were announced I heard about a lot of other fits other than VNI, that are as effective,but I am not sure which.

I won’t correct a word you say :joy:. I am just a month old char, and I am just getting into NS ratting.

Could always go old school… cruise missile Raven; warp in at 0; trigger the spawning, MWD out, kite the rats till all are dead. The benefit is that you are well away from players that warp in, you need to DScan for combat probes and its 3 salvos per BS.

A MWD’ing Raven is rather simple to scan down though.

1 Like

There was always the Myrmidon available.

Real men hull tank corvettes for ratting.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Covered

3 Likes

Famous last words. :wink:

1 Like

Ishtar for the win.

[Ishtar, Ishtar]
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Ogre II x5
Acolyte II x5
Warrior II x5
Praetor II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Or gila.

1 Like

ishtar, gila etc are too expensive. fit a normal vexor. pays for itself in no time, even though you’ll kill slowly.

PLEX tanking is catching on. For every PLEX you have in your cargo-hold you get an additional 0.5% resist across the board… so I hear.

5 Likes

How about this then:

[Vexor, Cheap n Chearful]
Damage Control II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
[Empty High slot]
Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ionic Field Projector I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

I was using this when PL was camping us in Catch, works quite well.

1 Like

yeah, that looks like what i would use.

Moved to Ships and modules

1 Like

Re: Reduce the amount of bots

This wasnt a motivator. If you want to prove to your player base that’s why you are doing it there are other ways including keystroke detection.

This is a hull shakeup for the sake of it imo. More carriers now I predict, which i really dont see as an upside.