New ORE Frigate ship

(Cade Windstalker) #21

Interesting doesn’t have much to do with it either, it’s all about the willingness of people in the thread with opposing viewpoints to keep talking. There are tons of bad ideas that die off too, and plenty of boring ones that keep going.

Case and point, these last four exchanges that are debating nothing at all to do with the thread topic.

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #22

that would be a point of interest

(Cade Windstalker) #23

I’m not sure I’d classify interest and nitpicking as similar areas of motivation, let alone the same thing.

For example this is nitpicking, but I don’t find this topic particularly interesting. :smile:

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #24

excite the attention of someone.

that is what something has to do to be classed as interesting.

your attention is excited enough to come back to not only read but respond

(Cade Windstalker) #25

By the dictionary definition you’re correct, but I still feel like the 30 seconds it takes to type out a quick response doesn’t qualify something as ‘interesting’.

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #26

I think you put too much weight on the word interesting. if it grabbed your attention then it interested you on some level. I didn’t say they had to be intensely interesting

(Cade Windstalker) #27

Probably because when someone addresses me there’s a certain level of compulsion to respond regardless of whether or not I’m enjoying the discussion or conversation, and I associate interest with enjoyment of a subject or at least a certain level of desire to know more about it as opposed to just feeling compelled to respond.

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #28

and using that usage of the word would be fine if we were discussing your use of the word not mine

(Cade Windstalker) #29

Fair enough then.

(elitatwo) #30

Now that you have that sorted, we already have 3 mining frigates and 2 of them are very, very good at what they are supposed to do.

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #31

Hey it was important

(system) #32

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.