Well, if it be possible to set up Space Farms as well, quite possibly in different sizes. I’d be all for that…
Though why only make boosters/accelerators? As one thing that sort of irk’s me is that NPC people apparently do not need any food or beverages. I get that for Capsuleer gameplay (aka ours) food is basically just an annoyance (as would be fuel) … but for any interaction with stations/planets/moons that house actual People, food/drinks could be a great commodity to trade. Not saying you should not be making those boosters, just that having a counterpart to it sound healthy as to not flood the market with a lot of boosters.
I would imagine something like:
- NPC’s make/grow some % of their own galactic food needs, and NPC corps would shuttle it around (to provide opportunity for thieves and badguys).
- Some NPC food production area’s offer some of the produce on the Market Place.
- Players can produce food on a planet, or in a station.
Food Gets used:
- NPC stations/planets/moons have a Food ‘need’, based on this need they will put Buy order on the Market for the amount of food needed. Every so often the Station would check if demands are met, if not the buy order gets reset to offer a higher price for the food.
- IF PI stations actually have NPC people working in them, they too should probably have Food needs to be satisfied by the Owner. If the Owner doesn’t satisfy these needs, efficiency should go down (loss basically) which gets converted to ISK, and the Customs Office (or w/e it’s called) could spawn a Black Market, where this ISK gets used to Set up Buy Orders for The Specific Goods in demand.
- AND the suggestion made by the OP (Otheello Bennington) could be a good demand for Food items too.
PS. Something similar could be done for ‘Commodities’ in general, Holoreels come to mind, but surely there are other things already in the game that would classify as a Commodity. I could even imagine NPC stations making Commodities out of Basic Salvage and Relic Yield. They would have a basic demand for these parts, and prices would be set upon fulfilling that demand…
These types of NPC markets would be great for setting some base ‘rewards level in ISK’ for various types of items, and compete with players to a medium reward level if demands aren’t met. Making sure the NPC’s can’t fulfil their own needs throughout the galaxy, this would in turn offer gameplay and opportunity to business and industry (and agricultural as well type players.