Gardens - Farms in space

I think it would be interesting, if we could build Biodomes in space. Grow different types of ingredients for Drugs/Boosters.

3 Likes

Goons once experimented with Biodomes and genetically modified plants in Delve to improve their food logistic.

It didn’t went well.

Since then, all plans were abandoned and concord prohibited the construction of biodoms in the civilian sector. Some NPC stations still have one.

On a serious note: Gameplay wise this is allready covered by pi, so i don’t think ccp will or should waste dev ressources for a feature that allready exists.

4 Likes

It would be interesting if you had to mine ice field’s for H2O to keep them running. I would love to be a space farmer.

2 Likes

I’m tired of growing coffee! :rofl:

2 Likes

Actually, I like this idea. For one thing, they could look nice. Imagine flying through “hanging gardens” in space.

For another thing, it would give a use for stars. Maybe different stars (because of the light - blue, yellow, red) are better or worse for growing different things. There could be competition for the best grow sites, as there could be certain orbital locations from the star that are optimal, and maybe a limited number of them. New facilities could be added - for instance reflective mirrors to gather up more light and focus it on the plants, etc.

I think you should put the idea in the new features section.

5 Likes

I agree, could help promote booster production and add more targets in space for all the PvP players.

3 Likes

And just think of how nice it COULD look :slight_smile: I’m imagining hanging gardens or whatever.

3 Likes

Space farming - because mining isn’t boring enough.

It would be a version of PI, strictly for Booster Production.

2 Likes

Sure, why not then. QOL improvements for PI are sure to be well received.

It’s like anything else in the game - if you like it, do it. If you don’t, don’t. Plenty of people love mining. Plenty of people hate it. For that matter, plenty of people love sitting in the station trading all day. And plenty of people hate it.

There is a particular strain of player in this game who believes that everybody should be doing one thing and one thing only - running around shooting at other ships. And if you don’t do that, you are to be insulted, shamed, looked down on, made fun of, etc. Personally, I don’t get it. I say do what you want, let others do what they want, and realize that there are lots of different aspects of the game which cater to different players. DISCLAIMER: I am not a miner, and I’m not anti-PvP.

EDIT: Even if you hate space farming, why must you hate flying around looking at the gardens? A lot of people have remarked about how cool Triglavian space is. Why not this?

4 Likes

I have no problem with anyone that wants to mine and nothing but respect for those that dedicate themselves to this thankless task. That still doesn’t change the fact it’s inherently boring.

I’m all for anything that improves gameplay and I’ve actually advocated for more interactive mining aspects. It’s too bad the Abyssal expansion won’t have any mining or exploration aspects on release.

2 Likes

Well… it’s inherently boring TO YOU. And I get it. Running incursions for hours is quite inherently boring to me. I do it for the ISK, I just don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

You can farm potatoes. 25 m2 would continuously provide the daily dietary energy requirements for one human.

I hope you like some french fries or chips or potato pankakes. :potato:

As long as it’s served with:

3 Likes

It’s been tried before. It always ends in tears.

4 Likes

5/10 because all the idiots bite even after 10 or so troll threads of the same guy

Shhhh… :shushing_face:

He is making forums feel alive again. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thread moved.

2 Likes

https://abstrusegoose.com/406

Think of the sphere cows…