New Player Here! - General Feedback

Hi Guys!
Been having a blast getting to know the game, learning the mechanics and everything Eve!

Don’t know if this is the place to discuss this, but here are a few things that I’ve come to crave through my playthrough so-far:

1. Updated NPC station textures/features

• As a new player, I spend ALOT of time moving around the various NPC stations. It would be great to see a little more variety, with updated textures. Something on-par with the latest uprising patch would be incredible, and make the station-visiting process much more exciting.
  2. Updated Sound Effects?

• I noticed you guys updated the sound effects for guns/lasers etc. But one sound that continues to remind me how OLD this game is is the targeting sound effect. For all of the improvements that have been made over the years to this game, I think this one is probably due for an update… sounds like something out of an 8-bit game.
  3. Approach-Target Ship ‘Bobbing’

• When you ‘approach’ a target, and eventually reach it, instead of coming to an elegant stop, or some sort of pre-pathed stopping approach, it kindof just floats through it and starts ‘bobbing’ around. Reminds me of a dead fish bobbing around on the surface of some water XD. Again, not a huge thing, but something that if polished would really make the game just a little bit nicer. Especially immersion breaking when you are flying this big, powerful destroyer, apparently weighing thousands of tonnes… and then suddenly you start behaving like a balloon in the wind. Maybe something called ‘Space-Breaks’? To bring the ship to a stop organically as part of its pathing where necessary?
  4. Ship Pathing

• A few times approaching (or orbiting) an object of some sort, the pathing sometimes goes a bit haywire? E.g. was flying my ship the other day and was approaching a ‘snake-shaped rock’ in space. There was a beautiful ‘flythrough’ coming up, where I would fly under one of the snake’s arches to a gang of pirates, when all of a sudden … doink, I fly into an invisible barrier, the ship ‘bobs’ for a little bit, before slowly, and clunk-ily, making its way around whatever invisible barriers have been used to determine the actual perimeter of the object.

This is all that comes to mind right now, but felt like I needed to let yall know. A reminder that this is just my own personal opinion and feedback! Thanks for Reading!

1 Like

Welcome to EVE! Moved this to Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums for you. Thanks for sharing feedback.

1 Like

yeah they needed to change it so that they fix those hitboxes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.