New player to the game, want to be a miner

Hi, I’m a new player to the game and I like mining but it does get boring on your own so I’m looking for a corp who will help me understand the game more and mining in general. I mainly mine in High Sec since I don’t have anyone with me but I can venture into Low and maybe even Null Sec.

1 Like

Hi Zak!

When searching for corps, it’s helpful to include the timezone you play in. If you’re EUTZ, you probably don’t want to join an entirely USTZ corp (for example) since then you’d still be mining on your own.

I also want to ask briefly “why mining?” I don’t say that because I think mining is bad. I ask because mining for fun and mining for isk are very different activities and you’ll want different corps. If you’re going for the latter, look into wormhole space gas harvesting. Any other type of mining–as a new player–is frankly ■■■■ isk per hour. People who make serious isk mining do it by multiboxing a bunch of characters at once.

1 Like

The question asked in the above post is indeed an important one. Mining for isk on your own can be a frustrating and futile engagement. Mining for fun will only keep you playing this game for a short period of time as redundancy sets in. However, if you love to mine AND want to help build things in an Indy corp, then you can find a balance for success and longevity as a miner in Eve.

If you are looking for a home to mine in, help in corp activities and productions, and want a good group of people who have been flying together for a long time, then either message me back on here or hit me up in game. We have pilots in both the EU and US time zones.

1 Like

Ah yes, sorry this is my first post on these forums and I’m EUTZ, and I mine because it’s the only way I make ISK atm and want to slowly progress into other stuff as it seems to be the easiest and most relaxing. So currently I’m just “testing the waters” with stuff and then move onto a new thing. I’ve always been about making as much in-game money in these games as I can. And Mining looked like a good thing.

If this is your goal, entry level mining is definitely not the way to go. You will get ganked and targetted as an easy kill for being a solo miner.

The best way to make as much ISK in game is to join an established corporation either in Wormhole space or in Nullsec space. Avoid highsec corporations like the plague, tbh. The amount of isk you’ll be making from exploration in both Wormhole and Nullsec regions, as well as the in-game knowledge and guidance you can get from your corpmates will far exceed anything you could possibly hope to achieve as a solo miner.

It also set you on the right path to play the game properly and avoids you turning into a risk-averse highsec carebear who whines all the time.

Oh right? okay thanks I’ll look for a corp in wormhole and null sec. Much appreciated for the help.

Welcome to Eve. If you’re looking for a small crew that can help answer questions and learn the game while making isk mining and doing PVE, we have a C2 (low skill cap needed) WH and we need miners and indy guys.

Let me know if you’re interested.

I should mention that we are evenings in USTZ.

Hey I’m a member of a small alpha friendly mining and industry corp, if you want to be around chill people that are happy to help you get into mining and much more check our recruiting post Alpha Recruits Only! Mining, Industry & Trade
But most important, have fun playing EvE :slight_smile:

Hey try us

Maybe you should look at Evian Industries, We are looking for new Capsuleers of nearly all experience levels.

Newbro and BitterVet friendly, We don’t require much; but an SEAT is needed. A background check will be performed. We want people who want to work as part of a team, to forge something bigger together!

We operate in Nullsec. We are mainly an Industrial corp, doing ratting, mining, PI, building and a little PvP.

We try to have different fleets up whenever we can. Our members range from longtime players to new players.

We have a mature and friendly community with a relaxed atmosphere. All time zones are welcome and we are the sort that understand that RLl comes first. We have members in both US, EU and Aussie TZ

We can offer comms, slack, Ship Replacement Program on alliance ops, PVE and small pvp fleets, a BluePrint Copy program and a Buyback Program for Ore and Salvage

We are looking to expand our pvp effort in corp and alliance, More pilots helping with teaching and flying in fights would be great. If you want to be part of this join our public channel “Evian Ind Recruitment” so we can start to get to know each other (mentioned you have been contacted, or contact “Dixie Diamond WhiteSamoyed” ingame)

Best Regards

Evian Industries

[UICHU] Uitra Isk Corp

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.