New ship class?

Forget about skill training time, it’s not a reason to introduce new ships. As Tiddle Jr has said, If you want to convince CCP, you need to come up with a ROLE, a combat scenario that cannot be fulfilled by the current ships (battleships, battlecruisers, cruisers, T1, T2, T3 - or capitals).

I have 11.5m+ SP and I do have BS trained. Along with some fun other classes. The whole point would be to have a sub capital deadnought maybe? Something like the orca, its not a capital ship but is does assemble some theats of it. Idealy it would be max 3 weeks to train the hull, couple of days for a T1 for and voila, making the ‘‘wait’’ for capital ships a bit less painfull and preparing players for the massive changes that you will get with Capital class ships. Maybe a drone boat with 10 drones could do the trick (carrier) or just a mini dreadnought that is a hybrid between BS and Dread. Something like the marauder but less skill cap and different (less) stats maybe?

I understand the whole idea about T3C and T2 ships, but I find the lack of easy T2 battleships to be quite unsatisfying. Yes there are T2 BS, but they are either very very very expensive to fly and require a massive skill pool to even be flown without fit, and its just not worth it as a new player. Maybe a T2 Battleship would do the trick, like a Battleship on steroids or something. Like a heavy assault cruiser you could make a heavy assault Battleship to fulfil the role that I am thinking about. More EHP, Better Tank, Better guns and worth to train into. I mean the only T2 ships for a BS are either Black Ops or Marauder, both of which will require a massive Skill Point pool to even be taken out of the hangar, while frigates, cruisers, destroyers and battlecruisers get decent T2 ships, there is just a lack of T2 Battleships that are not special.

You’re looking for something to “train into” that you don’t have a purpose for. You’re literally just putting points into a character and you want it to have a less autistic gap between “large” and “XL” ships and weapons, and that’s it, completely just skill points on paper.

Dreadnought goes into siege mode in order to do damage to stationary targets. Battleship has less mobility than cruisers and battlecruisers, but still has some, and is more about having heavy DPS AND a heavy tank, for hunting ships (not stationary targets).

Your hybrid would have to be a battleship with some sort of mini-doomsday weapon. But as soon as you undock, your enemies will either evade (high-mobility ships), or hot-drop a slew of super-capitals on you (heavy firepower). Fleets either need mobility to roam and hunt ships, or max firepower to chew through citadel defenses. You’re requesting a ship that has almost no mobility (battleships have crap mobility already) and crap firepower (mini-doomsday won’t compare to an actual doomsday or even a dreadnought in siege).

True, good point.

I think the whole point would be better to go for a decent T2 Battleship instead of a hybrid between dread and Battleship. A hybrid would be underpowered because what you said. Maybe a more agile Dread with BS guns? If that would make sense. A Battleship with ‘‘nerfed’’ dread stats and Battleship mobility, so T2 Heavy Assault Battleship could fit that role maybe

I think we still missing additional ewars. Something like tech 2 BS with disruptiors (which working apply the disruption field against squadrons but not a single targeted Fighters.

And this months, “let’s add more ships that have no real reason to the game, it would be cool, cuz i thought of it thread”.

Like all the others: pointless psuedo-reasoning provided that actually says nothing because the ship has no niche in the game that needs filled.

Thats your opinion, I don’t share that one so I made this post yes.

Its just a brainstorm thing, no insult intended and I don’t want to get into fights over a idea.

I’ll be honest with you, Eve has too damn many classes of ships already, many are nearly useless or eclipsed entirely by others. And every time CCP adds a new class of ship, they make things worse. Cough Tech3 Cough

The last time I agreed with CCP’s ship additions was FAX’s, because they basically split up the roles of carriers to make the ships both useful.

I can see how you might feel that way, but you really just misunderstood what was said to you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.