New ships

Or same or even less tank but much greater cargo capacity. :innocent: :smirk: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Triglavian and Edencom ship lines need to be expanded.

5 Likes

All ships are PVP ships.

–Gadget suggests being in the right one at the right time

5 Likes

The edencom line is a dead end line of ships, i’m not sure we will see many more if any at all, there are some lines that can be filled out for the trig side, a non-AT cov ops frig, a stealth bomber and a black ops would be nice additions

Unfortunately the vorton being a failure of a weapon system there isn’t really much you can do with them

You just know the “development” went like this;

DEV: “Oh crap we still need to come up with adversaries to our new OP line people are going to use skill injectors to train for and Plex to be able to buy them. So these need to be cool as well but not TOO cool because the Trigs need to win. Quick, someone come up with a cool weapon system!”

Intern: “Uuuh, lightning?”

DEV: “Let’s gooooo!”.

Vorton is very situational, needs some fine tuning and maybe addition of making it more universal, maybe adding new ammo, making the main spark damage more than additional sparks, or something like that.

1 Like

I’d like to see a destroyer-sized cloaky ship. The gap between the Astero and Stratios is huge.

Removed you mean.

Add those ships to CCPs other terribad ideas;

Structure Cores
Alphas
Capitals
Skill UI

Have you even tried them? I have and they are amazing IF you know how to use the weapons.

So like, a gila

See thats the problem, they are either amazing in a niche role or absolutely useless anywhere else, which is the reason they are a failure, there is no way to really balance them because they become stupid in numbers, meaning they can never really be that great for a single ship

All other weapon systems have uses in most situations, the vorton is sadly highly situational, and the situations where its worth using them they become oppressive

This got me thinking.
Was there every an actual “PVP ship” insofar as a ship hull with bonuses specifically geared towards PVP. Sure the Lachesis can be construed to be such a ship, for example.
But there are generally ships with mining and exploration bonuses but combat bonuses are more specific.

It would be very entertaining to see a day when there is a hull specifically for PVP bonuses. Something like “10% overall damage bonus when shooting at another player” :smiley:

Interdictors, Heavy interdictors both have specific PvP bonuses, it’s not like bubbles do anything against NPCs.

1 Like

Well, obviously this could be expanded on but the basic idea is have an Exploration Base Ship set up sorta like an Orca with various sized bays for cargo, loot and rigged ships. However instead of providing bonus Command Bursts for exploration ships, have it double as a temporary anchored base requiring fuel for operation like a POS.

5 Likes

New ships to T1 lines BS down .
( not like trig ships masquarading T1… really balanced with other T1 lines .)

Along with this cap warfare and most non tackle ewar have no effect on the majority of npcs.

RR often times can’t be activated on npcs as well

1 Like

EWAR ships would be the closest.

Honestly, though, every ship in EvE is a PVP ship, but some EWAR just plain doesn’t work on NCEs.

–Gadget tried though

1 Like

I can tell you how it keeps mission hasslers away when they come in and see you scraming and webbing NPCs

the day i lost my freighter with three kill marks, not to a gank but to a repackage mishap, was the saddest day of my career. After the fighter change it was no longer possible to get another.

07 Yellow Rod III

1 Like

I think transport is well developed honestly
And don’t remove the jump freighters. They don’t haul that much, they are extremely expensive, they are extremely vulnerable. When you’re taking the gate to high sec If the system does’nt bring you to jump distance you can get ■■■■■■ fast - and ganked on the HS side as well. It’s balanced honestly.

The idea of a ship being able to split is a great idea actually as just by itself, and by the variety of fighters available, with just one idea you are bringing hundreds of possibilities

I’d like to see trig ships portfolio increased to same amount of ships than normal factions (why there is only one frigate ? One destroyer ? Etc.)

I also agree with the huge gap between the astero and the stratios: should add a destroyer class

I would add a kind of ship that nullifies everything for few seconds with high cooldown over a given radius : something like players no being able to activate any module or move for a very short amount of time. This could add engagement tactical opportunities

Finally I would also improve / modify ewar balance such as ewaring could be solo-viable. The crucifier faction being quite the only possibility remains totally disadvantaged. Even if you duo, it s better to have two fighters. I think E-war dogfighting is un-balance and not exploited and exploitable sufficiently

1 Like