New “Triglavian” ship being added soon, speculation

The same way ore ships are treated as gallente hulls in terms of salvage etc

It being labelled as “amarr” doesn’t mean its actually amarr

Also tends to tell you which set of sensor skills to train for the hull or which racial ECM to use against it for greatest effect.

You know that’s an interesting thing we have not really talked about much yet, and yet it’s quite possibly the most distinctive and unique aspect of these ships: the Orbs.

They almost remind me of a miniaturized event horizon, because no matter the angle, the center is pitch black. This is what made me think of the Ancient Super Weapon, the Amarr reporter utilized.

What ever that thing is it’s only found on these ships. Other than the concept could just be new, there must be a reason for only this faction having them.

Not sure if it’s been shown here, but on reddit two threads have been posted showing gifs of what looks like mode-switching and a potential warp animation.

Some kind of rods are deployed in the second mode, concurrent with a notable expansion of the orb and the amount of light it produces. The rods seem to be part of some sort of containment apparatus. No information yet on what effect is produced, but it seems rather ominous.

356 votes and 86 comments so far on Reddit

672 votes and 181 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

The more I try to evaluate these ships, I agree they look like massive drones. There is so little that suggests they need or have a requirement for crews to operate.

1 Like

OMG, those things are going to own us… I think I just wet myself.

After seeing those animations I’m having flashbacks to that past fanfest where they were quickly sketching that frigate/cruiser with the forward mounted cannon. Then I wonder if they aren’t possibly designing some sort of drifter tech ship that has a mini-lance/targeted dd with some sort of siege mode required before firing.

It just seems like too much detail for an NPC ship as my original guess for continuing the storyline.

1 Like

I was just thinking it reminds me of the Bastion mode on Marauders.

Second thought is it looks like the Protoss Void Ray.

1 Like

The level of animation in these ships seems excessive for an NPC ship. I really hope these are somehow going to be accessible to players.

I wonder if you’ve taken a look at the model for one of the new weapons being introduced. Given the oversized hardpoints on some of these models it looks as if they are explicitly designed for this weapon type.

113 votes and 110 comments so far on Reddit

At the moment we don’t know if this is the final model, or what this thing even does. We only know that it is classified as an “energy weapon” (a category which includes smartbombs if I’m not mistaken).

Yea I saw that. I totally agree, these are purpose built for that weapon system. What ever it is…

The orbs were in one chronicle. SOE seeked those.

You’re referring to the “Book of Emptiness” mind-control/brainwashing orb in the Black Mountain Chronicles that drove most people exposed to it either braindead or insane? Both the Sisters of EVE and the Society of Conscious Thought were fighting each other covertly to get ahold of one.

While I like the idea of ship-mounted brain-scramblers I very much doubt there’s any connection.

https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/the-greatest-joke/
These are the same? Yes, it looks like mind control thingies.

But maybe its just the isogen 5 superweapon of some kind. :thinking:

Or something completely new.

Altho I’d love for these ships to be usable by players I think there is too much potential firepower from what we know so far for them to be given to us:It has a sort of seige mode and potential doomsday effect by looking at how the orbs reacts in deployed mode,it has a whole new strange oversized weapon system and it has also normal hardpoints to go along with everything else.
However there is the chance they may be new tech 3 or higher ships built from drifter wormholes only and we could see alot new content added in that area along with new drifter cruiser coming in.

Well, I could see a weapon system that has Incursion like negative effects across the battle area. Sort of the opposite of a fleet booster. It negates local conditions instead of improving them, but if you know what specific combat abilities are going to be affected/fielded, you can build your friendly fleet comp accordingly while your enemy has to guess what your going to bring to the table. Accordingly they could just try to volley these things off the field first before anyone start crying that would be too over powered. :stuck_out_tongue:.

It could be a game changer. This could be tied into the mind control thing. Basically, it messes with a capsuleer’s implants and makes things more difficult, but the tech isn’t as good as the original, of course, so it won’t drive you “mad”.

That already is present on titans.

1 Like

Yea, miniaturized variance of phenomenon generators.

Considering their looks, it’s likely linked to the recent events of damaged Drifter fleets sporadically appearing in the New Eden cluster (Large Drifter fleet sighted in Caldari space! was the latest of these)

Add in that the ‘triglavian’ name comes back in this leaked concord file: The Discourse - CONCORD Intelligence Agency Drifter Anomaly Footage Leaked (with big thanks to the Discourse people!)

So my suspicion is that these ships are responsible for the damaged drifter fleets in a way. Looking at their designs (they remind me of the Amarr Confessor), it could be the Amarr striking back at the Drifters with their own technology.

1 Like

I have the most inappropriate boner right now…

2 Likes