New type of ship?

I know we already have Fighters, but those are mining drones, but the lack of something better to call it…the closest thing we have to this idea are the corvettes/rookie ship, so I hopped on Singularity and used a Reaper to help me out. I came up with this:

Designed with the help of a Reaper corvette - adjustments will have to be made for the other empires.

Hypothetical Player Fighter - EVE Online

Bonuses: 1000% rate of fire bonus to racial turrets, bonuses to racial weapons.
200% ship velocity and inertia
Guns use ammo directly from the cargo hold

Module size: Small

CPU/Powergrid 120/15, may need to be tweaked

Cargohold: 30-40m3 (enough to hold 10,000 rounds of Small ammo)

High: 1
Med: 1
Low: 0

+1 High - Gallente
+1 Med - Caldari
+2 Low - Amarr
+1 Low - Minmatar

Shield/Armor/Structure and bonuses: 150/150/150; adjusted for the other empires, 50-80% bonus to all resistances.

Signature Radius: 10m, adjusted for other empires.

There’s probably other attributes I’ve missed, but that’s the basics.

Think more ‘role’ and ‘why do we want to have this in the game’ more than the numbers.

I’d like to point out that a 25% rof bonus means guns cycle at 75/100ths of the time. A 50% rof bonus means guns cycle in half the time. A 99% rof bonus means guns cycle 100 times faster and finally a 100% bonus means guns cycle infinite amounts of time in an instant.

I don’t even know what a %1000 rof bonus can do. Maybe cycle backwards or break the space time continuum. Whichever is less strain on the server i hope.

3 Likes

LoL no…

If you have a 10 second ROF and you add 25% rof bonus it would go to 7.5 second rate of fire 1000% would put it at 1 second 10x faster.

Your math is wrong.

10 second duration.

25% rof = 7.5s = +33.3% dps
50% rof = 5.0s = +100% dps
75% rof = 2.5s = +300% dps
100% rof = 0s = infinite dps

1000% rof =???

If you don’t believe me check the duration changes on a ship at different levels.

1 Like

Meh it’s worded so weirdly why is it +25% rof that would lower dps, if you -100% rate of fire then yes it would go to 0 but if its +100% dps from Rate of fire then its literally halving the rate of fire.

+25% RATE of fire.

‘Rate of fire’ is the inverse of ‘turret duration’.

So they say +25 but they mean -25 xD still could be worded better but w.e offtopic.

To be fair I think they say bonus to rate of fire now. Not + or -.

But they used to have different ways of saying the same thing. Bonus, +'s and even -'s for the old dessies.

you are missing a key part to the post

why?

How exactly does this differ from an Interceptor? Besides the lower sig and the reload free weapons it sounds exactly like it to me.

The idea itself is terrible, but the differences would be that the cepter has bonuses to tackle modules (both combat and tackle), and the cepter is nullified.

@Daichi_Yamato hit the nail on the head though. This is a ship in search of a role.

Since “this idea is terrible” is probably not enough justification alone:

1. Combat cepters fill this role already
  2. The DPS itself would be insanely high (aka too high)
  3. The sig tank would be utterly ludicrous. Literally 1/5th the size of a frigate and faster.
  4. You’ve got no tracking bonus. This ship would have a hell of a time actually applying DPS.

EDIT:
5) The cost to benefit ratio of these ships makes them worthless. They’d have to be a T2 frigate at minimum, probably on par with a cepter for cost, and a single utility smartbomb would face-■■■■ these into nothingness.
6) Piloting this ship in Eve would be very difficult. Remember that the server has 1 second ticks.

Tech II Corvettes ? :slight_smile:

Actually Tech II Corvettes could fill that role. Give them the same slot layouts though. and I agree, my idea is kind of…off. but…at least it makes for good discussion amirite?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.