New wormhole like nullsec regions that only allow sub-capital access

Many EVE players have issue with capital proliferation, and miss the days when you can take a battleship armada and conquer nullsec, with the satisfaction of defense so long as you can form numbers. However now, if you lack capital fleets, you run the risk of being evicted by a bigger fish. I propose releasing a new ring of outer regions, doubling the total nullsec space, that have interesting effects similar to wormhole effects.

They can be static or random, however they should be impactful enough to change the dynamics of a small gang or large sub-cap fleet fight, and make things fresh and new. The nullsec mechanics remain the same, only difference is capital ships of all classes cannot be used. This allows for a small gang heaven for those who love sub-capitals, and because these regions are connected with wormholes that lead all across EVE, and by new gates at the edge of currently known nullsec, sub-capital alliances can form and invade regular nullsec at will. Now the large alliances have small gang content entering their space from highsec/lowsec, wormholes, and the new nullsec, allowing for lots of fun fights to be had.

1 Like

This is a great idea. It was already implemented in 2009 when the J-space systems were added to the game.

2 Likes

Why yes, J Space permits no Capitals… That’s why people use Dreads to kill drifters in Jspace… Oh wait…
Anyway, look at the last name of the poster, Naari probably just got their main forum banned again and is now back posting more stupid changes on an alt to try and wreck EVE.

1 Like

Shrug.

This is a great idea. It was already implemented in 2009 when the J-space systems were added to the game.

I’d agree with you but you cannot claim sov in wormhole space. No personal stick in the ground.

Why would you want sovreignty?

Lol I’m not this person everyone keeps claiming that I am. People have similar names you know.

Same reason why you want nullsec sovereignty, place in the map, upgrade your system etc. It’s nullsec, with nullsec npc, only difference is no capitals and you have random effects to make things interesting. Also a thorn in the side of regular nullsec, since they have three fronts where fleets can come, and if fillaments are made permanent four.

Sovereignty seems like just about the least amount of fun you could possibly have in Eve.

2 Likes

Some like it, its why nullsec alliances are born.

I am pretty sure that the people who like that baloney are happy having impenetrable defense fleets.

Well then, lets pretend you aren’t Naari and address your idea (that is remarkably similar to one of their recent posts)

1. You intend on diluting EVE’s population even further.
  2. You are talking about a region where to get to it you have to get all the way through these super cap alliances, and then you are somehow claiming that alliances without supercaps or caps, are somehow going to challenge these groups? Would you care to explain how, and how this is any more of a challenge than low sec or high sec players roaming.

I am pretty sure that the people who like that baloney are happy having impenetrable defense fleets.

Remember sub-cap only.

You intend on diluting EVE’s population even further.

Get more people into the game, problem solved.

You are talking about a region where to get to it you have to get all the way through these super cap alliances, and then you are somehow claiming that alliances without supercaps or caps, are somehow going to challenge these groups? Would you care to explain how, and how this is any more of a challenge than low sec or high sec players roaming.

Wormholes still lead to the new region, you can luck out and get a wormhole from highsec to the new region, bypassing the alliances who don’t want you going through them to set up shop. This is designed for the small 100-300 man alliance that wants their own solar system, I think nullsec is best when it has hundreds of small little alliances each owning their own 1-3 system fiefdom. It also adds challenges to the big coalitions, either they expend pilots to wage war in the new regions, or try to defend, the more thorns on their side, the better for nullsec balance, especially as they get more and more powerful.

Except that the mega coalitions will just take the space. And rent it to those small groups. Or just use those groups as their own content farms to roam through with their own fleets.
Wormholes are not going to supply a 300 man alliance with goods needed.

This will add nothing of value to the game.

I see you have never lived in wormhole-space. Limiting to subcaps only doesn’t remove the ability to make a defence fleet almost impossible up kill.

That’s why you rebel, if you refuse to pay rent they have to come and evict you, that takes time, and you can co-ordinate with their rivals to invade back in normal nullsec etc.

It makes it so that you at least have a chance, not many people have a few hundred supercarriers in their pocket, but they could with sub-caps

excellent idea, wormhole constellations that have different wh connections (plus the normal)
ALSO with their own unique (npc) factions living inside perhaps?
A good way to introduce new weapons and ships or even racial/pirate factions and ships, have wormholes be a bit different by adding more wh types (the same but longer lasting ones like two, three or even 25 day exits) sizes… you could go wild tbvh, a new one could pop up (be discovered) every other month, some may only have 2 systems linked with a gate or a warp gate like missions that catapults you further than 100k km, some may have stations, others may have a moving nomadic station… you really could get a lot out of this stuff tbh, and it could changea round a lot even close off certain systems due to storms or some such excuse.

lots and lots of stuff…

cus joining 10000 others to blob the ■■■■ out of a much smaller entity is actually not very much fun for most people.
Small corporations and alliances are fun for most people, more personal, more freedom of movement, less orders, less spam.
I could go on but simply put, contrary to ‘popular’ belief on the forums, most people, are not sheep.

How exactly do you plan on invading back into nullsec.
You keep coming out with these pipe dreams.
What will happen is 100 battleships will turn up and 3 titans will flatten them. The end.

Oh, and them they drive 1000 battleships through your space, because you know, Null sec do battleships too.

1 Like