Newbro looking for advice on cheap T1 Gal/Amarr cruiser fittings

Hi everyone, been playing as an alpha for a couple weeks now and I’d like to dip my toes into PVP and find a way to spend all the ISK I have piling up. Because I fully expect to die horribly, I’m looking for some decent tech 1 fits, preferably in Amarr or Gallente cruisers (for aesthetic reasons, and because I’m armor trained). So far, I’ve theorycrafted a little bit and thrown this together:

[Thorax, *Elasmotherium Prototype II]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
800mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor

Dual 150mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

‘Integrated’ Hammerhead x5

Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M
Federation Navy Lead Charge M
Nanite Repair Paste
Cap Booster 800

Does this suck, or would I have a chance in small skirmishes? It seems ok to me, with a respectable 330 DPS at 9km and decent ranged capability loading the Lead instead of Antimatter, plus 14k EHP and okay reps. It’s also sub 40mil, which is a definite plus. As it stands I don’t have a group to fly with and am trying to find a good one, but ideally I want to be capable on my own while I search. Any tips or other recommended fits welcome.

You’re better off dropping the Railguns and using Blasters (largest you can fit a full rack of) with a Scram+Web instead of Point+Web.

You can also open up some fitting space by using a Small cap booster instead of a Medium, since (1) you only have a single Armor rep, and (2) you won’t be using up a ton of cap by constantly running the MWD.

And don’t use Integrated drones, use Navy Faction if you must, but T2 is better.

And how much is this pile of ISK?

Approximately 1 billion, pretty much all from wormhole exploration

That 1B will be burned through fast. I like Armor Ruptures, but that ship does happen to be the most hideous cruiser-sized pile of rusted steel in the game. If you are trying to do this in nullsec, you will last about 5 minutes before getting blobbed by Intys, AFs, T3Ds, or cruisers. In faction lowsec, you should probably aim for a short-range weapon system with a large active tank and tackle gear. Neuts are also insanely useful. Here are two fits you might like.

Thorax - “Abdomen”

5 Highs:
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

4 Mids:
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
F-RX Compact Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

5 Lows:
Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Multispectrum Armor Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II

3 Rigs:
Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead I
Medium Transverse Bulkhead I

50m³ Drone Capacity, 50mb/s Bandwidth:
5x Republic Fleet Warrior (for speed, durability)
5x Hobgoblin II (for damage)
OR
5x Hammerhead II (for cruisers +)
OR
6x Hobgoblin II
2x Hammerhead II

Carry Enough Null, Void, Navy Iron, Navy Antimatter, Navy Cap Booster 800, Nanite Repair Paste, Agency Pyrolancea Dose I, and Standard Exile Booster for two reloads of your charged modules, and pack the rest of your hold full of more Navy Cap Booster 800s.

About 75 Million ISK for everything (60 Million if you swap the T2 rig for a T1).

Rupture - “Fracture”

5 Highs:
220mm Vulcan Autocannon II, Hail M
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

4 Mids:
10MN Monopropellant Endoring Afterburner
F-RX Compact Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

5 Lows:
Damage Control II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Multispectrum Armor Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Gyrostabilizer II

3 Rigs:
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

30m³ Drone Capacity, 25mb/s Bandwidth:
3x Republic Fleet Warrior
3x Hobgoblin II

Carry Enough Barrage, Hail, Fleet Fusion, Fleet EMP, Fleet Phased Plasma, Fleet Depleted Uranium, Navy Cap Booster 800, Nanite Repair Paste, Agency Pyrolancea Dose II, and Standard Exile Booster for two reloads of your charged modules, and pack the rest of your hold full of more Navy Cap Booster 800s

About 67 Million ISK for everything, 55 Million if you downgrade the T2 rig.

These fits are basically written along the same lines, with the exact same mid and low slots. The only difference is in the high slots, which can be chosen based on your playstyle. The Thorax does more damage, and has better tracking, but suffers from a very short range, even with null, reaching out to only 12 km at first falloff. The Thorax also has a much much stronger drone arsenal, and is significantly faster than the Rupture. However, the Thorax lacks the crucial neut, which is essential for shutting down more agile ships like assault frigates and destroyers. The Rupture does less damage, is painfully slow, and has a harder time tracking close-orbiting frigates, but reaches out to 20km with Barrage, where it is far superior to the Thorax, although it only has room for 6 small drones in its hold, which can reach out to 40km. The Rupture also has a powerful neut that can reach out to 14km, but that neut makes the Rupture much less cap stable than the Thorax. The Rupture also has the perk of being much easier to fit than the Thorax, which struggles for enough powergrid.
One last thing. If you like drones enough, you can always cook up a very strong Vexor.
This took 45 minutes to write, so I hope it was satisfactory. Amarr ships are pretty bad for solo PvP, so I didn’t mention any. The Stabber is commonly shield fit, and faction cruisers sound a little out of reach.
Fly dangerous! o7

Footnote: If you have too much ISK, I am working towards PLEXing my account, just FYI :wink:

Thank you for taking the time to answer so thoroughly! That Thorax looks quite promising. I also may pursue that Rupture on my Minmatar alt. I wish that Amarr ships weren’t so bad for solo PVP; their style is second to none, but they’re so hard to fit and so cap hungry.

The Arbitrator has some cool setups you could try, it is pretty versatile. You can fit it with armor tank, full tackle and a neut to brawl with frigs and destroyers. If you want to hunt bigger targets such as cruiser you can also fit Weapon Disruptors and kite gun cruisers such as Thoraxes and Ruptures. It also looks sweet af.

I might also add that it perhaps is a tad harder to pilot than let´s say the Thorax fit from earlier.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.