[Newelle Family] On Seeking Justice

My Lord Chakaid,

I feel that we may have gotten off on the wrong foot.

I bring our discussion here because hopefully we both seek the same thing: justice. This thread also shows for all what you seem to be most upset about, thus prompting your rash, though understandable, threats and derision. Truly, I sympathize with defensiveness in the face of accusations of wrongdoing hurled by those who have no right to speak ill of their betters; I am subject to them often enough from the very same enemies you so often rail against. Yet, I stand by mine and my Lady’s words in regard to the attacks our Empire has suffered in the last year; there are suspects within the Kingdom. I chose my words carefully to avoid placing my finger upon you, my Lord, but alas you still took offense despite my best efforts. It still stands to reason that corruption may have taken root in your own homeland. If the testimony of a certain rude slaver bears any truth, I would pray that you, as a servant of both the Kingdom and the most holy Theology Council, would be highly interested in pursuing such leads to purge any and all filth from your beloved Kingdom. Thus, if you call yourself a true servant of the Empire and your King, I believe I must repeat some words stated by myself some time ago:

I humbly request that if you have concerns with the direction of the resultant inquisition, you should bring them up with Lord Arrach Sarum’s offices dedicated to the matter. With their control over the key witness we willfully granted him, surely your efforts would be best placed there. Perhaps you hold some evidence yourself that may complete the picture, as you seem to have suggested today.

Now, on to another matter. You state that there is a body of evidence being gathered against my person for what must be the crimes you have alluded to in past posts since I facilitated the unfortunate prisoner exchange with the Seykal Clan Headhunters for the aforementioned witness. I am to understand that I may be stricken from the Book of Records as punishment, should I be found wanting. I accept this.

I believe that after my more than a decade of loyal service to the Empire as a capsuleer, I at the very least deserve a fair trial to be delivered by those worthy of their authority to enforce the laws of Holy Amarr. A complete and formal list of crimes I stand accused of and a chance to respond to them is hereby requested.

However, I understand that the Theology Council is rather busy at the moment, and that this process may take some time. After all, within just the realm of disloyal and heretical independent capsuleers, the cases of Nauplius the Butcher and Samira Kernher the heretic are surely before mine and take precedence, and neither have been addressed yet. I recognize it may take some years before my case is opened for full inquisition. I will patiently wait until then, and atone as best I may for any transgressions against God I have committed. May He have mercy upon me.

I reiterate my intent of this response: we need not be enemies in the pursuit of protecting the Empire from evil. If you are truly a righteous Paladin to our shared cause, then you will join me in seeking the truth in the name of justice. I will lay bare to be judged as those that are better than I see fit. But I also ask that you do the same. If either of us has something to fear from such openness, well… may they be struck down and stricken from memory forever. I feel at least one of us may deserve as such.

Aldrith

Lord Consort to Lady Mitara Newelle
Holder of Damnidios Para’nashu, Mekhios
Champion of House Sarum
Paladin Ordinary of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order
Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
Bearer of the Righteous Cross
Humble Servant of the Empire

3 Likes